DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Query about speeding up video in post

PeteS2017

Reactions
I'm not sure if I can express this query properly but I'll give it a try.

I shoot at 30fps because I found anything higher introduced moire and aliasing. Naturally, when the Mavic is moving over the landscape, all objects are a little blurry because of this movement. I was wondering what would happen if I flew at lot slower, then speeded everything back up to normal in post production (I can't try this yet as I'm still saving up for a computer powerful enough to do video editing).

I would have thought that if you did this, you'd wind up with a normal-speed video, but with many more frames per second than when it was shot, and that as a result, moving objects would still stay sharp. Is this what would happen?

Kinda yes, but you could also simply increase the shutter speed and not have to lose your time both at capture and editing time.

This would work , but some people go the other way. Flying slowly (tripod mode) and using 60 FPS and then slowing the footage down.

I have seen lots of shots flown in 30 FPS and then the video is sped up as the person flys to a Point of Interest and then they slow the video down right as they get to the Point of Interest. This technique engages the viewer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN