DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about 1.03.0900

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Lots of posts here about this update, but I'm still a little confused about one thing. Yesterday I started to do the update and it came up with the message that if I don't long in before I use it, I will be limited to 30m and 50m. Is that a one time thing, or EVERY SINGLE time I fly? Sometimes I fly where there is no phone service.....will I be screwed if I take the update?

Lots of posts here about this update, but I'm still a little confused about one thing. Yesterday I started to do the update and it came up with the message that if I don't long in before I use it, I will be limited to 30m and 50m. Is that a one time thing, or EVERY SINGLE time I fly? Sometimes I fly where there is no phone service.....will I be screwed if I take the update?
Nope. Log in while your connected to the internet, if not already, and then all you need to do to lift the flight restrictions before you fly is make sure the DJI Go app is communicating with your Mavic. Flight restrictions can be lifted without internet.

Check out this video for a detailed explanation of that change:

Reactions: afterlifevisual
Nope. Log in while your connected to the internet, if not already, and then all you need to do to lift the flight restrictions before you fly is make sure the DJI Go app is communicating with your Mavic. Flight restrictions can be lifted without internet.

You do need phone signal to remove restriction in a NFZ (I had to do this yesterday).

... only if you have not done it in advance...

In this case I wasn't expecting it to be a NFZ as it was a microlight airfield and I was doing a demo flight for the CFO.

But curious how one clears a NFZ restriction in advance, in case I need that again...?

You do need phone signal to remove restriction in a NFZ (I had to do this yesterday).
Yes you do. Or can pre-authorize it in advance and load the ticket into the app to release without internet when you fly.

Reactions: mfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid