DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Gimbal Tilt

TexasStar15

Reactions
Quick question, when planning a waypoint flight on my tablet and not at the actual flying site, how do I know what to set the gimbal tilt to at any given5 waypoint. It seems to default to 0 but that's not what I'm looking for. How do I know whether to set it to -50 or +50? What is a general rule of thumb? Thanks

Reactions: Paul Harvey
Set a POI and have the gimbal point at it. The POI defaults to 50 m height, so don't forget to adjust for your needs.

Quick question, when planning a waypoint flight on my tablet and not at the actual flying site, how do I know what to set the gimbal tilt to at any given5 waypoint. It seems to default to 0 but that's not what I'm looking for. How do I know whether to set it to -50 or +50? What is a general rule of thumb? Thanks
In planning the waypoint flight you can indicate that you want the gimbal to point to the Point of Interest at each way point. You can one, or some, or all pointing to the POI.

The rule of 3rd states: for a cinematic look you should have the horizon at 1/3 from the top of the footage.

I almost always use half of that (1/6 from the top).
I achieve this when flying at a height of 40m by pitching the gimbal at -18° (24mm lens).

The best way to find out what you prefere is to fly manual and then make notes of your drone's altitude & gimbal pitch angle.
You can read both values from the screen in the Fly app.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1