DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question regarding loss of signal RTH

black_magic100

Reactions
Okay so I remember seeing a video that describes how the mavic has 3 different RTH ranges where if it is within 10-15 feet of home point and you hit RTH it will land where it is at and not raise altitude or something along those lines. Then there were two other scenarios that I can't seem to remember where if the mavic is between 15 ft and X amount of feet or will do this etc etc.

The reason this has come to my mind is that what if I am under a bridge and let's say I fly my mavic 10 ft away and lose connection. Would it try to land or come back 10 ft to me.

I understand that the obvious solution whenever flying under a bridge is to change 'RTH' to 'hover' when RC disconnects, but sometimes it can be hard to remember every single thing you need to change before flying.

Anyways this is mostly a hypothetical question that I have always wondered. Last week I took off in my garage because of a snow storm and I was wondering what the chances were that the RC would disconnect (Im assuming unlikely because I was LOS and 10 ft away [emoji23]) and fly straight up into the ceiling OR if it would just land immediately?

The reason this has come to my mind is that what if I am under a bridge and let's say I fly my mavic 10 ft away and lose connection. Would it try to land or come back 10 ft to me.
If your Mavic is only 10 feet away from the home point and the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting is set to "Return-to-Home", your Mavic would land at its current location per the Mavic manual (see below). Check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Mavic manual for other important RTH scenarios.

manual.jpg

If your Mavic is only 10 feet away from the home point and the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting is set to "Return-to-Home", your Mavic would land at its current location per the Mavic manual (see below). Check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Mavic manual for other important RTH scenarios.

View attachment 35099
Yea I remember reading about that when I first got my mavic, wasn't sure if it was different when RTH was caused due to loss with RC.

Interesting to note that the mavic will autoland when vision sensors are disabled even if 60 feet away.

If you can't remember every single thing you better make a checklist,when getting in real aircraft without doing a complete preflight it could kill you

If you can't remember every single thing you better make a checklist,when getting in real aircraft without doing a complete preflight it could kill you
Yea that makes sense and I sort of agree. I usually check my props, sensors, calibration etc etc. RTH is something I need to check more often. I do usually set the height tho. I think the issue is more or less when you update DJI likes to reset your settings which catches me off guard quite often.

Reactions: rickw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki