DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick RTH Confirmation

Ah, that makes sense then (assuming obstacle avoidance was really enabled). It was trying to ascend to 32 feet before returning home (as designed).

Here's the relevant section from the Mavic manual:

Manual.jpg

Reactions: charliesRig
I can't remember if I turned OA back on. But yes, that would be as described. However, it certainly wasn't that far away in real life.

Screenshot_20170720-121540.jpgI guess it could have actually been close to that distance.

Does switching to modes automatically turn OA back on? I was pretty sure it was off.

Does switching to modes automatically turn OA back on?
No.

Your flight log shows you disabled obstacle avoidance at 9m 52.7s. The TXT flight log does not show whether obstacle avoidance is enabled (as far as I know). @BudWalker, do you know how to confirm this?

I'm on .400 did they make a change to the RTH logic? That might explain it. I don't think I have a pdf of an older manual version to check.

It tries to if you have the "Smart Return-to-Home" feature enabled. The Mavic doesn't understand weather conditions, so it might not make it back in time if it's flying into a strong headwind (for example).

View attachment 17671
Flying into a headwind going out is exactly what you want to do if needed.

If you have an unnecessarily high RTH height set, that also plays into the how much battery you would need to get home, correct?

Does this excessive RTH height also reduce the total flight time?
Better be high enough to clear anything about you.. And no, it doesn't affect RTH unless the wind is very different.. And really, just use RTH in an emergency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02