DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro antenna replacement

kodiak

Reactions
Due to a careless mistake on my part I managed to break one of my antennas. The break is right at the joint between the swivel mount and antenna body. The mini-coax solder joint to the antenna PCB is visible and intact, thankfully. After some testing it appears to be mostly a cosmetic issue for now. I still seem to have normal range and function. But it is weak overall and unfolding the antenna is now a delicate affair. These antenna parts are available and I have one on order. Wondering if anyone has done a swap like this and has any insights?

Thanks!

Try here. The part you need will need to be separated from the hinge base. It has a detent area that holds it in place. That area is visible in your picture. A little heat from a hair dryer will make plastic a bit more playable for the removal. They need to be persuaded to get them apart.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Thanks for that. I did order the part from them. After looking into what's involved with the disassembly of the RC Pro I'm hoping I can just swap the antenna cover as you mention. We'll see.

The trick is holding the swivel/hinge base while pulling and prying the upper piece off. You also need to not damage the antenna board in this process. The board itself may be glued to the inside. Take your time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope