DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Ready for a chilly swim? Mav 3 Tele

I'd love to see a pic of the greater area. For someone on my area, that stuff is quite compelling.
I’m traveling and only have my iPad but there’s more coming. I did quite a few HDR panoramas, many using the tele lens and they are time consuming even on my computer but it’s really quite worth it so first create the hdr version of each pano shot and then stitch the pano together. I just installed Lightroom for my iPad and am shocked at how little it can do. No pano ability and I don’t think even HDR. I also did a fair bit of video of course so much more coming in a few weeks. I’m going to Arizona for a drone trip in the desert (bought an Avata particularly for flying around the Saguaro cactus (sp?) so we’ll see about the timing but I’m excited about the footage from the Matanuska. Let’s see if I have another still…I dunno if I have already posted this here…don’t think so. If so…sorry ‘bout the dupe :). This is, of course, a single frame from an AEB. Maybe an overexposed one :).
77CF079D-8BE0-404F-8AFD-AFF651F7B2D9.jpeg

I’m traveling and only have my iPad but there’s more coming. I did quite a few HDR panoramas, many using the tele lens and they are time consuming even on my computer but it’s really quite worth it so first create the hdr version of each pano shot and then stitch the pano together. I just installed Lightroom for my iPad and am shocked at how little it can do. No pano ability and I don’t think even HDR. I also did a fair bit of video of course so much more coming in a few weeks. I’m going to Arizona for a drone trip in the desert (bought an Avata particularly for flying around the Saguaro cactus (sp?) so we’ll see about the timing but I’m excited about the footage from the Matanuska. Let’s see if I have another still…I dunno if I have already posted this here…don’t think so. If so…sorry ‘bout the dupe :). This is, of course, a single frame from an AEB. Maybe an overexposed one :).
View attachment 155637
You are blessed with spectacular scenery and you have done a good job capturing it. In this particular shot I would work on the foreground a bit.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: passedpawn
You are blessed with spectacular scenery and you have done a good job capturing it. In this particular shot I would work on the foreground a bit.

Dale
Miami
I agree completely. These are just “as is” from the drone. It was one of a 5 shot AEB and probably not the “best” of the 5 but ATM no time for me to be picky or do any post. :)

I agree completely. These are just “as is” from the drone. It was one of a 5 shot AEB and probably not the “best” of the 5 but ATM no time for me to be picky or do any post. :)
AK:
Here is a quick edit using Photoshop Masking tool. Here is my work flow;

Photoshop>Filter>Camera Raw Filter>Masking Tool>Select Sky>edit Sky> Invert mask and select foreground>edit foreground. I did an overall white balance to reduce some of the overall blue cast. (scroll up and click on images to enlarge). I also increased texture of the clouds and distant mountains. (texture tool).
Dale

Alaska original.jpgAlaska-edited.jpg

that was over the top nice of you and really did bring out the foreground! The whole “cold blue cast” vs more neutral white balance is something I go back and forth on. Your posting of the workflow was sweet! Thanks!

that was over the top nice of you and really did bring out the foreground! The whole “cold blue cast” vs more neutral white balance is something I go back and forth on. Your posting of the workflow was sweet! Thanks!
AK- you are more than welcome! Rarely would I get the chance to edit such an amazing image.

I've been to Alaska at least 5 times, mostly to Bristol Bay Lodge for fishing, but I did do a Talkeetna River trip for a week (fly in, raft out).

Dale

Amazing shot! Did you use a tele lens or fly that close?
Yes that was the tele lens. A lot of folks disparage the tele lens on the Mavic 3 but I find it pretty good. Not magnificent or anything but given the limitations and reality of incorporating a tele into a drone…pretty darn good. I know they did some optimization at some point. It was pretty soft when it first came out. After I get home and have a chance to work up some of the images I got I will be able to sharpen them and work with them. I should probably refrain from posting any of them till then LOL. Thanks for the compliment.

Yes that was the tele lens. A lot of folks disparage the tele lens on the Mavic 3 but I find it pretty good. Not magnificent or anything but given the limitations and reality of incorporating a tele into a drone…pretty darn good. I know they did some optimization at some point. It was pretty soft when it first came out. After I get home and have a chance to work up some of the images I got I will be able to sharpen them and work with them. I should probably refrain from posting any of them till then LOL. Thanks for the compliment.
When you work on these snow images try to move the white balance slider a bit away from blue
The top of the snow is white but the face and overall cast is blue ( cyan)
Dale

Reactions: WWMav
When you work on these snow images try to move the white balance slider a bit away from blue
The top of the snow is white but the face and overall cast is blue ( cyan)
Dale
Thanks. Understood and appreciated.

AK:
Here is a quick edit using Photoshop Masking tool. Here is my work flow;

Photoshop>Filter>Camera Raw Filter>Masking Tool>Select Sky>edit Sky> Invert mask and select foreground>edit foreground. I did an overall white balance to reduce some of the overall blue cast. (scroll up and click on images to enlarge). I also increased texture of the clouds and distant mountains. (texture tool).
Dale

View attachment 155649View attachment 155650
nicely done, though to lose the bluish tone on the hills is a loss. This image needs some of that I think. It's cold, it needs to be bluish.

Lighting the foreground is money here. Nice job.

nicely done, though to lose the bluish tone on the hills is a loss. This image needs some of that I think. It's cold, it needs to be bluish.

Lighting the foreground is money here. Nice job.
No problem. With the software, you can make any part of the image any color you wish it to be. Here is my work flow

Using the masking brush, just mask the part you want and use the color slider. Photoshop>Filter>Camera RAW filter>Masking tool>brush>Adjust brush size with brackets>highlight desired area and color it in>adjust sliders to preferred color.

Dale

Reactions: passedpawn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard