DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real-time GPS coordinate display would be nice!

Marko9219

Reactions
At least we should have he option to turn the coordinates on or off on the display. Also, the ability to show different GPS position formats instead of the default decimal degrees.
I teach GPS navigation to many search & rescue teams, and the ability to get live GPS position data would aid tremendously in using these drones in search & rescue efforts. Also, the default position format in almost all standard GPS use is decimal minutes, NOT decimal degrees as our flight logs show. UTM is a close second. The default DJI format is actually very infrequently used, except in scientific and engineering circles.

Reactions: sonof40
I know Litchi has it, but most Mavic owners don’t use it, and most wont ever purchase it. Being as our Mavics are constantly reporting their GPS coordinates to the controller, it would be a very minor tweak to have that included in the display options of a future upgrade.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I teach GPS navigation to many search & rescue teams, ....
Out of curiosity, and as someone that uses coordinates professionally, is the OLC coordinate format gaining any popularity? I know of it, but never seen it used anywhere.

Out of curiosity, and as someone that uses coordinates professionally, is the OLC coordinate format gaining any popularity? I know of it, but never seen it used anywhere.
Not really. It's the "new kid on the block" for coordinate formats (started in 2014 I believe) and is still mostly unknown and unused. I like it because of its simplicity and I hope it's use and acceptance grows into the mainstream of common GPS use.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Decimal minutes would be nice. But to me the RC showing an actual compass heading would be fantastic.

At least we should have he option to turn the coordinates on or off on the display. Also, the ability to show different GPS position formats instead of the default decimal degrees.
I teach GPS navigation to many search & rescue teams, and the ability to get live GPS position data would aid tremendously in using these drones in search & rescue efforts. Also, the default position format in almost all standard GPS use is decimal minutes, NOT decimal degrees as our flight logs show. UTM is a close second. The default DJI format is actually very infrequently used, except in scientific and engineering circles.

And a compass bearing, like the radar, is needed for when your are told to fly X bearing from your point of take off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman