DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reason Why I Like Amazon and Not DJI (Mavic 3 related)

I don't know what to think of everything I've read and seen on the networks, regarding the problem after problem that the Mavic 3 has had, delay in GPS reception, some intelligent flight modes that are not yet enabled or not fully enabled , disappointment in some, annoyance or anger 😡 in others. Today I spoke with a technician from a DJI representative here in my country Chile 🇨🇱 and he explained several factors that can influence the delay in satellite capture and one of the reasons that stood out the most is the geographical area in which you are , I had a hard time believing what he told me, referring to the fact that he has not had problems with the GPS, even before the last update that DJI released, and that if they have GPS signal reception problems, it is best to return the equipment to have it checked, repaired or exchanged for another unit. He told me that he has been using the M3 constantly since the launch of DJI, and has not presented capture problems, the longest the drone will take to capture satellites has been 1 minute and a half... I don't know what to think.
no question there is an issue but I'm in Jorge's camp. I've never had a problem with my GPS lock even if I travel a hundred or more miles. Maybe 30seconds..I doubt I've ever had to wait a minute. I don't see how location could play a role. I think it more likely a difference in a chip choice from one run to the next but honestly I have no clue why some of us (many) are having serious issues and others like Jorge and I are not. I wonder, as mentioned above, if DJI would even take back an M3 because of GPS issues. I do think they would be quite comfortable if you took a minute or two. I wonder what the breaking point would be in terms of when they might admit waiting was a return-my-drone issue. 5min? 10min?

no question there is an issue but I'm in Jorge's camp. I've never had a problem with my GPS lock even if I travel a hundred or more miles. Maybe 30seconds..I doubt I've ever had to wait a minute. I don't see how location could play a role. I think it more likely a difference in a chip choice from one run to the next but honestly I have no clue why some of us (many) are having serious issues and others like Jorge and I are not. I wonder, as mentioned above, if DJI would even take back an M3 because of GPS issues. I do think they would be quite comfortable if you took a minute or two. I wonder what the breaking point would be in terms of when they might admit waiting was a return-my-drone issue. 5min? 10min?
They would probably just tell you to buy another battery for GNSS acquisition, and swap out as soon as the home point was acquired. Hey, it works! Unless time is of the essence, that's what I do. If time is of the essence, I'll wait for 8 satellites and reboot, or ascend to 96 feet as soon as it lets me, and acquire the HP from there, or just fly off and reset the HP to the RC location when underway. It's really not a deal breaker, unless you demand an immediate HP lock. Plenty of workarounds. Using a combination of the above methods, I'm flying within 2 minutes or less! Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! It's a great drone with fabulous HiRes 60MB 360° panos, day or night, every 75 seconds!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You'll never know what benefits and features you are missing out on while waiting for perfection. The existing hardware is fine. If you ever think a newer version of hardware is being sold, you can always upgrade to it through Refresh. "Oops! Dropped my drone!" 🤣
Thats my plan if ever a M3S comes out.

How do the sellers on Amazon handle the situation when something is return for a reason Amazon accepts a return but DJI would not? Do they suck up the loss or do they have some special arrangement with DJI to return the product?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Today was my last day to return my M3 to Amazon and I've decided to keep it. Yes, the GNSS issue is annoying, but the workarounds aren't terrible, and I'm crossing my fingers that DJI will fix it soon. It was working as expected until a firmware update caused the issue (same with ADS-B), so I think they should be able to fix it with firmware. There are too many good things about it, and I've already purchased many accessories.

Today was my last day to return my M3 to Amazon and I've decided to keep it. Yes, the GNSS issue is annoying, but the workarounds aren't terrible, and I'm crossing my fingers that DJI will fix it soon. It was working as expected until a firmware update caused the issue (same with ADS-B), so I think they should be able to fix it with firmware. There are too many good things about it, and I've already purchased many accessories.
Those were my thoughts as well! Annoying is not a deal killer! The workarounds work! DJI will eventually fix it. I just hope the fix doesn't result in losing the positioning accuracy we currently enjoy, that makes the HiRes 360° panos so stellar!

What sort of accessories?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG