DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreational flying in Gran Canaria / Canary Islands

kma

Reactions
Hi,

I'm going on holiday to Gran Canaria and was planning to bring either Mavic 3 Cine (with C1 label) or Mini 3 Pro (below 250g). I live in a EU country and have A1/A2/A3 certificate.

I find drones.enaire.es to be a bit hard to understand sometimes. How should I interpret the attached information? It looks like recreational flying without a permit is forbidden on the whole island until 28th of February, is that really so? The meaning of "UNMANNED ACFT WILL TAKE PLACE WI COORD" is unclear... If I remember correctly this area has not been defined before, it was "white colored", and mostly allowed.

Thanks

enaire-20230202.png

That appears to be the case

Hi,

I'm going on holiday to Gran Canaria and was planning to bring either Mavic 3 Cine (with C1 label) or Mini 3 Pro (below 250g). I live in a EU country and have A1/A2/A3 certificate.

I find drones.enaire.es to be a bit hard to understand sometimes. How should I interpret the attached information? It looks like recreational flying without a permit is forbidden on the whole island until 28th of February, is that really so? The meaning of "UNMANNED ACFT WILL TAKE PLACE WI COORD" is unclear... If I remember correctly this area has not been defined before, it was "white colored", and mostly allowed.

Thanks

View attachment 160167
Will take place within coordinates listed? Is that the area outlined in green? It looks like you have permission to fly over almost 80% of the island below 120m AGL.

Will take place within coordinates listed? Is that the area outlined in green? It looks like you have permission to fly over almost 80% of the island below 120m AGL.
Thanks for the responses.

Those coordinates are just an example outside the red areas. I'm just trying to figure out if there is any place at all where flying is allowed... The red areas clearly say that they are prohibited "warning"-areas. The yellow areas only say there is unmanned aircraft activity, but not explicitly saying it is prohibited. I couldn't find an explanation if the yellow areas are just informational, maybe just indicating that there might be other drone flyers in the area?

A lot of the areas are overlapping. For instance at Maspalomas sand dunes in the south there are 6 yellow overlapping areas and one red. That is clearly a prohibited area. The big red circle is the airport, covering over half of the island. I was in the belief that the western part of the island would mostly be allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne