DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Redmires Dam, First ever waypoint mission using the Litchi app on the Mavic Pro

Pixies channel

Reactions

Hi guys, I went to Redmires dam to try out the Litchi waypoint mission with my Mavic Pro and it worked out so good. The only problem was my fault when I caught the button that sends the camera looking downwards. I will try to do more Litchi waypoints in the future. Here is a little bit of information about Redmires Dam. The Redmires Reservoirs are a group of three reservoirs in Fulwood, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. They are fed from the Hallam Moors by various small streams including Fairthorn Clough. The three reservoirs are named Upper, Middle and Lower and date from 1836 and were built to provide clean drinking water via a water course down to Barker's Pool 5½ miles away following the devastating Sheffield cholera epidemic of 1832. The area is popular with walkers and bird watchers. Adjacent to the Middle Reservoir is Hammond's Field Nature Reserve, which is managed by The Wildlife Trust for Sheffield and Rotherham. The nature reserve forms part of the South Pennine Moors Special Protected Area. A path, the Long Causeway leads from the Upper reservoir, onto the moors to Stanedge Pole and then onto Stanage Edge. This route was once thought to be a Roman road but is now thought to be a Medieval packhorse saltway, used to convey salt from Cheshire to Yorkshire

Nice shots, albeit a bit dark. Did you use a heavy filter in low light?
I looked at my Mavic after I did the Waypoint mission and realised I got a ND16 on, The sun had gone in by the time i had done so it was pointless doing another run.

Thanks for watching.

Litchi is amazing at controlling the gimbal tilt to any Point Of Interest that you set. You can have as many POIs as needed to keep the camera and even drone rotation set to view the specific points. Notice the controller at my side - it's all waytpoints mission with one POI - and this is not with my Mavic, but my old Phantom 3 4K but Litchi doesn't care:

With Litchi Mission Hub on your home computer, you can save batteries if you build and save missions and load and fly them in the field.
Just make certain that your smart phone has Litchi Mission Hub open on it along with the Litchi app and bob's you're uncle.

Reactions: Pixies channel
Litchi is amazing at controlling the gimbal tilt to any Point Of Interest that you set. You can have as many POIs as needed to keep the camera and even drone rotation set to view the specific points. Notice the controller at my side - it's all waytpoints mission with one POI - and this is not with my Mavic, but my old Phantom 3 4K but Litchi doesn't care:

With Litchi Mission Hub on your home computer, you can save batteries if you build and save missions and load and fly them in the field.
Just make certain that your smart phone has Litchi Mission Hub open on it along with the Litchi app and bob's you're uncle.

Nice, Thank you for the advice, I will take it onboard.

Flight planning with Litchi IS easier in many respects than Go4 , either on an iPhone or on a tablet.
I'm having trouble getting from the tablet to the iPhone for flight, but frankly, I've not spent much time with it.

An idiot question. Have not played with Mission Hub but why do I need it open on my phone. Can't I just transfer the file from my laptop to my phone and then run litchi?

Flight planning with Litchi IS easier in many respects than Go4 , either on an iPhone or on a tablet.
I'm having trouble getting from the tablet to the iPhone for flight, but frankly, I've not spent much time with it.

Make sure your signed into Litchi on the website and also on your device, Then you should be able to start it all up. when on the litchi screen once you're up if you have loaded your flights beforehand click on open then click the flight you wat then click on load and press play. you should be up in the air.

There are loads of vids on YouTube on how to use litchi mate.

An idiot question. Have not played with Mission Hub but why do I need it open on my phone. Can't I just transfer the file from my laptop to my phone and then run litchi?
No mate, when you saved the flight on your computer it will save it on the device your using as long as you're signed in you should be able to access it from there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc