DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote antenna L+R direction

brodz

Reactions
Are the mavics remotes antennas directional? Because when I went and removed my two antennas to mod them because I wasn't happy with my range. That one face towards me and one the other faces away from me. I always assumed from modding and building antennas for my P3 Pro, That the side of the antenna with the patent shaped like the letter H would be the side that should be facing forward towards the bird or am I wrong that these antennas are not "directional" shouldn't they both be facing the same way? Like on my p3p both H patent face the same way when erected as if you're in flight.. Ill paste a picture of the way they were installed
1b66d604738ffa2e68c4fe07d96376e4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Liveddica
They fold different directions so they will have solder or connectors on different sides, if you can figure out which way the connectors go you are set. I would think right would be right as you look at the device.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: jerryj
I can only turn the like a 1/4 turn left or right . I would need to turn it a full half turn to have them both facing the same direction.. I'm talking about when you remove the plastic outside cover and you see the elements ...

Shouldn't they both be facing like this in the picture I would end up breaking my antenna if I turned it the full half a turn to get them to both face like this
69a59032c2636aeb0873ce368360e6fe.jpg

I can only turn the like a 1/4 turn left or right . I would need to turn it a full half turn to have them both facing the same direction.. I'm talking about when you remove the plastic outside cover and you see the elements ...
I do not think they both have to look that way one should be reversed. The plastic sleeves they go into are not the same orientation when they are extended one is "upside down" if you will (they are stereoscopic if you know what I mean like your hands, the left and right look similar but you can not overlap them so they are reverse copies not identical.) Good Luck

10/4 thanks.. so would that apply to the P3 Pro rc ants also?
I always thought they were
directional type of antennas

10/4 thanks.. so would that apply to the P3 Pro rc ants also?
I always thought they were
directional type of antennas
They are directional to an extant, i do not think it matters if they are upside down (flipped) on the longitudinal axis.

Antennas like these radiate their signals equally from both flat sides of each antenna. So while it looks like one is backwards and the other forwards, either flat side will work - equally well... So it's all good.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Anbody no which UFL antenna wire does the tx/rx yet? On the rc pcb I see J1 & J2 .. I've been building & trying different antennas past few weeks with sum luck. I keep going back to using a double biquad butt the dam thing is just too big so far.. I just tried putting two double biquad elements with the reflector dimensionsb thats recommended for just one antenna element . And the results were poor poor..Butt when I pop on 2 separate double biquads I'm totally amazed .. and i can push 12-13,000ft! Solid signal till 11500..With just stock I'm getting 4000ft solid and rth at &5500ft.. it's just the size mounting on the MP's remote looks retarded and impossible to mount.. I swore I wouldn't mess with my shiny new mavic. Butt it's not so shiny anymore since I decided to have a look at the antennas and said screw it there half way off now.. it's on its way to be looking like my Frankin3pro it looks like...Hopefully some of comes up with a good modded antenna kit for the Mav .. butt I haven't read anything good yet... How How would I figure out which antenna does what?.. only way I can think of is to buy one of those meters or possibly one of those Sunhans gold amps possible...

Well I got my double biquad antennas shrunk down too work.. and still way better and beyond what I expected.. after searching for a way too protect it. I ended up using a p3p sunshade..I also managed too mount my dedicated Android I use for my mavic above the remote and it makes holding it much more comfortable.. (and a open spot for a second display Sumday I hope to have map on one and video on a second display)and a possibility of using it with my p3p lanyard. Just tested it out and now have a new farthest distance record.. I think I'm just going to buy another remote and keep it stock just for traveling .. and use this long range one were needed...Here's a pic of longest flight with stock mp rc
82f4de568ec93ff9995923a9d727300e.jpg
and a pic of first flight with my new modded antenna and overall longest flight Ive done too date
1d04e4cf354dc5b3b15c535cb0b82778.jpg
and here's a pic of what it looks like .. I might paint the sunshield flat black ..
61bb90b4a0081126f89d2e7df7065856.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem