DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement Controller Mavic Mini

Reactions
Hi there, looking for a bit of advice. Where is the best place in the UK to purchase a new controller for my Mavic Mini ? Im afraid I broke my old one. I see plenty of second hand ones for sale on eBay etc but would prefer to buy a new one. DJI don't seem to sell them now. Many thanks

They are £15 to £30 ish on ebay second hand.
I have several, I like spares. All the spare ones were second hand and I have not had a problem with any of them.
Bear in mind that if they are advertised in the "used" condition category on ebay they MUST work correctly otherwise they can be returned, via postage PREPAID by the seller, for a full refund including the original postage cost.
If push comes to shove ebay stand by the definition of the category and not any blurb in the seller's advert.

Heaven only knows what you would pay for a new one from a reputable shop.

the biggest cause of damage to the original RC for the MM, was that the side port that is also used for charging ,was easily damaged it is possible to get a new one complete with the internal ribbon cable ,but it is quite a job to fit it ,also remember that although there might be several used ones around ,these RC controllers were Model specific ,depending on whether or not the drone was a US spec or EU as it was then,and have different spec numbers

Thanks again old man for your advice. Thats exactly what I done probably too harsh with the charging port. I was raging with myself after I done it. I am always so careful with my drone equipment but not that day ! I would rather pay the extra for the new exact remote I need. My problem with second hand ones are that you don't really know how they will react with the drone. As you say model specific etc. I have been 100% comfortable flying since I got it and managed to put out some cracking footage but I think my confidence would be dented using a remote I wasn't sure about. I tried DJI directly without any joy. I know you are one of the experts on here any advice about where to source one would be appreciated. Thanks again,

Reactions: old man mavic
Have a look at the back of the current controller, the model number is on the label, probably in the top RH corner and "MR1SD25" that's the CE spec controller, by the model number you could also use a Mini SE controller.

The FAA spec controller has the model number "MR1SS5".
DJI Mini SE Controller - Drone Depot - NZ Authorised DJI Retailer £30 + P&P second hand vs £76 and import duty etc. etc.

You could always try
Heliguy DJI Drones - Camera Drones and Quadcopters – heliguy™

I did find this but give no comment either way

@Hotel Mike Four Zero i think that @Yorkshire_Pud has done a good job in that regard,in his post above ,you could also try Drones Direct ,to see if they can source one for you

Thanks again. Thanks Yorkshire Pud I didn't even think about checking the model number etc. Thats the advantage of this forum when we need help. Always folk willing to step in with advice and help. ( My model number is MR1SD25) I think this episode has now pushed me to moving up to the Mini 3 Pro (RC with Screen). ( Was looking for an excuse lol ) I will defo source a remote and take it from there. I have now emailed around including all suggested. Thank you everyone for the help.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi folk just a quick update.

Thanks to the help and advice on here I picked up a brand new controller with a 1 year guarantee from Heliguy for £48. Because its Out Box it's classed as used but it's brand new, never been used and as I say comes with a 1 years guarantee from an official DJI source so I'm delighted. Customer service was exceptional so defo worth keeping in mind If anyone finds themselves in a similar position as myself. I will certainly be careful with this one when charging and definitely thinking of moving up to the mini 3 Pro... Once again thanks to everyone for your contribution. It's Much appreciated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure