DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviving Mavic Air Controller, need help

dealy663

Reactions
Hi I have a Mavic Air 1 purchased in 2019, it has sat unused for 1-2 years, only one of the drone's batteries took a charge. However my real problem is with the controller. The battery seemed alive and acted like it was taking a charge, The lights were on and flashing normally. However the next morning the remote was totally dead, nothing I could do would make it respond. So I figured that the battery must have given up the ghost like the other two drone batteries. Yesterday a replacement battery for the remote arrived. I installed the new battery and the remote powered on normally. So I plugged it into the charger to top it off. Once again the charging lights came on normally. And this morning the conroller is mostly dead once again. When first trying to turn it on I did get a single led status light for just a moment then the unit turned off. I have not been able to get any response from the controller since.

Plugging it into the Mavic charger does not turn on the charging lights, and plugging it in to a regular powered usb hub isn't doing anything either. Any ideas what could be going wrong here? I've tried multiple usb cables different USB hubs and the Mavic charger. Could my Mavic charger have damaged the batteries in my remote?

I hope someone has some ideas of what to do.

Thanks, Derek

Send it to DJI. You’ll get a new one. Probably free shipping.
Put the old battery back in and keep the new one in case needed in the future.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas