DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RF-V16 tracker placement.

Callum

Reactions
I know this has probably been done to death, just looking for some feedback from anyone who runs a tracker in a similar placement.

Purchased a RF-V16 tracker and trying to work out where to place it. Had initially bought a bracket to go with it that clips over battery but noticed wiggling it releases battery clip so it's now in bin.

Seen a few posts where people have placed on top of mavic between battery and it's nose.
When I place here compass 2 has interference (red). Calibrating compass brings both back to green.

Obviously I would need to always have the tracker on quad or recalibrate.

Has anyone else placed a tracker up front?
Did you have to recalibrate?
Have you had any issues since installing?

Cheers

Reactions: Ian Hancock
My Marco Polo beacon is strapped to the right-front leg with mini wireties - no problems with it at all; it can stay in place when folded and charged in place as well.

I think you're smart keeping any RF device away from the top shell - I wanted to avoid the body entirely just to make sure it wouldn't interfere with compass or GPS.

img_1353-jpg.24331

Last edited:
Reactions: Callum
I have used a good quality velcro-fastening tape. The mounting shown in the picture does not interfere with the compasses, has worked reliably for more than 60 flight hours and allows Mavic to be transported without removing the tracker. The position next to the engine also does not affect the calibration needs or the flight characteristics noticeably.

20171112_091127.jpg 20171112_091215.jpg

Last edited:
I attach my tracker to an extended landing legs piece. Works perfect and doesn't interfere with anything.

marco-polo2.jpg

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I have used a good quality velcro-fastening tape. The mounting shown in the picture does not interfere with the compasses, has worked reliably for more than 60 flight hours and allows Mavic to be transported without removing the tracker. The position next to the engine also does not affect the calibration needs or the flight characteristics noticeably.

View attachment 24722 View attachment 24723

Hi...what kind of tracker is that???

I have my Marco Polo on the top/back of MP. Above rear propellers and away from all sensors. Fits in case except I have to bend antenna over to close top, other wise it has worked flawlessly. See post " MP Flyway NOT"

Attachments

• Marco Polo on Mavic.jpg
    Marco Polo on Mavic.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 55
Thanks everyone for posts and pics.

I took it out yesterday with the tracker velcro'd to the front. Ran 3 batteries and no issues.
Tried out the RF-V16 and the location reported was spot on.

I like the look of the brackets which hold tracker at rear of aircraft, going to buy one of those.

Cheers

Thanks everyone for posts and pics.

I took it out yesterday with the tracker velcro'd to the front. Ran 3 batteries and no issues.
Tried out the RF-V16 and the location reported was spot on.

I like the look of the brackets which hold tracker at rear of aircraft, going to buy one of those.

Cheers
I order RF V16 and brackets on rear for my mavic pro. I think this is the best option in price/functions

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs