DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH question

EsiMavic

Reactions
What if i didn't notice that my homepoint was 1km away from my current location and then after awhile i change the location to ME/CONTROLLER. and when i get to lose a signal will it return to ME or to the 1km homepoint?? TIA :)

The Mavic will return to the new home point as long as you reset the home point before RTH is initiated.

Reactions: rotor and EsiMavic
The Mavic will return to the new home point as long as you reset the home point before RTH is initiated.

If you recalibrate the compas before a flight does that automatically set a new current "home point"?

So when you only use RC the HOMEPOINT ME is useless??
Well without a phone you can't even select it, so... but yeah it is.

If you recalibrate the compas before a flight does that automatically set a new current "home point"?
No, completely unrelated. HP is set whenever enough sats are available after powerup, and again on takeoff.

Op.. Need more specifics as to what device you are using, in example iPhone, iPad wifi, iPad with cellular, etc.

Rth to your location and Follow Me will only work if your device attached to your controller has gps..

Hi
New pilot here.
I had a situation where I had started RTH and at some point the drone stopped returning. I noticed a little late and switched to sport mode and just landed near me on critical battery level.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Cheers

I had a situation where I had started RTH and at some point the drone stopped returning. I noticed a little late and switched to sport mode and just landed near me on critical battery level.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please create a new thread, describe what happened in detail, and post a link to your uploaded flight log.

Reactions: Rocom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParHunter