DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since at least one airspace regulatory authority considers drones to be aircraft could they be subject to 'airworthiness directives and advisories' ..

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
type notices etc. if a problem shows up that impinges on their safety etc.?
Between here and the DJI forum there seems to have been a few uncommanded ( above and beyond OA responses (pun unattended)) climb threads recently where drones have climbed significantly and or beyond their set max height and it made me wonder.....

Last edited:
type notices etc. if a problem shows up that impinges on their safety etc.?
Between here and the DJI forum there seems to have been a few uncommanded ( above and beyond OA responses (pun unattended)) climb threads recently where drones have climbed significantly and or beyond their set max height and it made me wonder.....
Fair enough, the hoops a casual user would have to jump through every time they took their bird out of the box would be a pain.... But the benefits of having consumer class drones recognised as "proper" aircraft and drone jocks as legitimate pilots would balance the scales. In real terms, the constraints would be no more than those governing a PfCO flight. Also, with the 'aircraft' tag backed up by a proper ARN: anyone trying to interfere with a flight, or attempting to damage a drone in flight would face criminal proceedings.

For me if large heavy drones are being flown in the certified category ,then the requirements are the same as manned aircraft anyway ,with all the paperwork and training that goes with it
all the different categories are now based on risk ,and for me the open category, which most of us fly in with our class of drones ,i think is going to face some significant changes when the CAA have finished their review of the open category
all of us who fly responsibly ,are already doing our pre flight checks,and keeping our drones airworthy ,as best we can
the biggest issue with the use of drones for me ,is their availability for purchase ,without any system in place, to show that the buyer has done their due diligence and obtained their Operator ID and if needed their Flyer ID ,for this to happen the powers that be would need to put legislation in place ,the manufacturers ,and sellers of drones ,are only then going to have to conform to such rules

Last edited:
I talked to the FAA once three years ago. I asked about drones, small consumer ones, regarding air worthiness "stamps of approval". For consumer drones, they have no intensions of doing such a thing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure