DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark Sale - deregistering?

Chrislaf

Reactions
I recently sold my Spark, but the new user is having trouble registering it to a DJI account he created. According to DJI I was supposed to log out of my DJI account on GO4 with the Spark on. Is this correct? I no longer have the drone. I thought that this 'unbinding' to my account only applied to the newer drones that use the Fly app and not older drones that use the GO4 app. Worse case scenario is I will have to meet up with the guy and solve this but would rather not have to go through this as I would have to drive some distance to meet him. As far as I am aware GO4 has no unbinding process to go through similar to the Fly app.

Also, a few days ago I stumbled upon an area on DJIs website that lists all the DJI devices I have owned and their serial numbers and I was able to manage/delete ones I no longer have. Example I deleted a Mavic Mini I had bought and returned to Amazon that was listed. For the life of me I cannot find that page again.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Chris

That I know of Go4 does not facilitate registering a drone. I have several second hand Go4 drones and have never seen the option to "register" any of them. One was a brand new, unactivated drone, meaning, at a guess, a replacement drone for one that had been damaged.
What does this person think "registering the drone" does?
By any chance do they mean the 'whatever' that results in the drone being shown on their Avatar? thing on the DJI forum? If so then, as far as I can tell, that is merely "window dressing".

All I have ever done with those previously used Go4 drones is change their settings to my liking and fly them.

If others think the same as me it might be an idea to suggest to your buyer that they visit this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
Wish I could help. There will be a load of ex Spark flyers here (me being one but still have mine) and it seems sensible to listen to Yorkshire Pud. Best of luc.

Thanks for the replies. I contacted DJI again this time through their chat and the agent I got was more helpful than the tech on the phone. He confirmed what I had already thought - that the Spark is not bound to any account and that anyone who has a Spark in their possession could fly it and use it as their own. There was/is no need to have the Spark with me and logout of my account as the original tech agent suggested.

The gentleman I sold the Spark to seems to be having trouble with the process of getting the Spark initially setup. He is a nice person and new to drones. I told him I am willing to help him get his 'new' Spark setup properly so that his introduction to drones is a positive process and not a negative one.

Chris

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for the replies. I contacted DJI again this time through their chat and the agent I got was more helpful than the tech on the phone. He confirmed what I had already thought - that the Spark is not bound to any account and that anyone who has a Spark in their possession could fly it and use it as their own. There was/is no need to have the Spark with me and logout of my account as the original tech agent suggested.

The gentleman I sold the Spark to seems to be having trouble with the process of getting the Spark initially setup. He is a nice person and new to drones. I told him I am willing to help him get his 'new' Spark setup properly so that his introduction to drones is a positive process and not a negative one.

Chris
Unfortunately this binding malarkey is ONLY applicable to specific FLY App using drones, mores the pity.
Personally I would use it if it was available to all DJI drones in it's full capacity, to render my drones and controllers to any thief who ever steals one.
I tried with a Mini 2, which is I think an applicable drone, but, since my Mini 2 has does not have Flyaway insurance, the binding I could establish did nothing. :-(((

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N