DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St Mary's Church, Penwortham.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
St. Mary's is the parish church of the Ancient Parish of Penwortham and dates from the 14th century. Although located in an urban area its setting is very attractive being in the midst of ancient woodland.

Now almost overwhelmed by urban Preston, the church of St Mary's stands on the wooded site near the remains of a Saxon fortification, overlooking an ancient crossing of the River Ribble.

After the Norman Conquest, William the Conqueror gave Penwortham to Roger de Poicteau, and it was perhaps this Roger who was responsible for building the Norman motte which can easily be seen beside the church. The churchyard is accessed by way of a lych gate erected in 1896.

Paul.

St. Mary's is the parish church of the Ancient Parish of Penwortham and dates from the 14th century. Although located in an urban area its setting is very attractive being in the midst of ancient woodland.

Now almost overwhelmed by urban Preston, the church of St Mary's stands on the wooded site near the remains of a Saxon fortification, overlooking an ancient crossing of the River Ribble.

After the Norman Conquest, William the Conqueror gave Penwortham to Roger de Poicteau, and it was perhaps this Roger who was responsible for building the Norman motte which can easily be seen beside the church. The churchyard is accessed by way of a lych gate erected in 1896.

Paul.
WOW! A five star production. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any pictures from inside?

Mark

• Love
Reactions: Paul Iddon
WOW! A five star production. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any pictures from inside?

Mark

Cheers for watching and commenting Mark, but unfortunaelty these out of the way churches have no custodians on site most of the time, so there was no access possible.

Thanks for watching.

Paul.

Last edited:
That was beautifully filmed and edited. I'm assuming the vocalist was Enya?
Dale
Miami

Once more thank you so much Dale - and yes you are correct, the vocalist is Enya - I owe her a few Irish whiskeys for all the audio she lets me use in my flights! :)

Paul

Last edited:
Awesome!

That is superb! Excellent video and...I don't know of a better sound track to go with it. Hats off to you!

Reactions: Paul Iddon
That is superb! Excellent video and...I don't know of a better sound track to go with it. Hats off to you!

Much appreciate your time watching and comment Darryl - I admit a real liking for Enya's music in plenty of my videos. :)

Paul.

Beautifully flown and edited with perfect music too. A lovely spring day in the churchyard.

Thanks Jim, like most of us, one day of sunshine was all we got to go flying, at least it was worth the shoet trip to the edge of town.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga