DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealth upgrade props for M4P

I see they also claim this.
  • IMPROVED EFFICIENCY - Longer Flight time per battery due to improved propeller efficiency.
Has anyone seen this or is it pure marketing speak?

Reactions: Torque
I see they also claim this.
  • IMPROVED EFFICIENCY - Longer Flight time per battery due to improved propeller efficiency.
Has anyone seen this or is it pure marketing speak?
I did watch a ScrewTube video where someone tested them side by side, although as I recall (I could be in error with the specific Mini model), it was with a DJI Mini 2, & just while hovering.

That person noted a 1 minute, maybe a wee bit more, in flight time with the MAS “Stealth” props.

I suppose the value to each person would differ, depending on their interests &/ priorities.

For me, the colour ranks last, so long as they were black, & then, the increased flight time, but the most important to me was the reduction in perceived volume.

For me, the colour ranks last, so long as they were black, & then, the increased flight time, but the most important to me was the reduction in perceived volume.
It's a fair point, any perceived reduction in volume is important. If they lowers the pitch then it will appear quieter, even if it actually isn't. I've just ordered a set of the standard 'stealth' ones in orange because I think the colour may help with VLOS.

And here they are, fitted.

REoOM0Nm.png

Reactions: BroomRider
I prefer mine to be unobtrusive as possible; hence, the black, which goes along with using the "Stealth" or "Super Stealth" prop blades.

I like to keep in mind, the wording "visual line of sight".

If I keep my UAV from flying behind something that I can't see through, then I'm keeping it within VLOS.

Going by the exact wording, I note that the VLOS requirement doesn't necessarily mean that I'm actually able to see it at any distance, just that it's within my visual "line of sight".

Not that I'm recommending violating the "intent" of the wording, just pointing out that, like so many other of the FAA's words & terms, there's lots of ambiguity liable to be used, arguing in court, if need be.

I give the gov't all the respect it's due.

& I prefer the color black in any plastic that's exposed to the sun, especially if it's safety-related, such as those prop blades.

As I've learned & noted from my experience working in the marine technical service field, things like wire (zip) ties will tend to last longest if they're colored black.

Way back when they originally came out, they were a natural, very pale & translucent white, & no one thought anything of the sun's UV waves, & how they'll degrade plastic, until someone (not me!) got sued when 1 of them broke, resulting in a fuel leak.

Thereafter, we were all strongly advised (required) to use black wire (zip) ties, especially when they were exposed to sunlight.

Think of how different plastic colors tend to hold up in sunlight, & even if the color is formed throughout the plastic, the more towards red, the more it's attacked & degraded with the UV.

I could go into technical detail (it has to do with the very short wavelenth of UV vs the longer wavelength of red) but I'm sensing impending eye-rolling incoming, so suffice it to say, black intercepts the UV from going any deeper than the surface, & thus, doesn't tend to damage the plastic (as much).

You may now return to your regularly-scheduled skullduggery. :cool:

It's taken a few days for the weather to be calm enough to fly and for me to properly try these props.

The audio pitch is definitely lower, absolutely and without a doubt, the perceived sound is quieter. No question whatsoever.

However, my Mini 4 Pro seemed quite unstable with them fitted. At a hover, just a few feet above the ground, it was hunting a little in each direction, despite there being zero wind. I swapped back to the original props and that hunting and twitching was completely gone. Just so I was sure it wasn't anything I'd done, I fitted the Master Airscrew props back on again and the twitching and hunting was there again. Back to the originals and it's gone.

I don't like this and because of it, I'm returning them. They're not for me.

• Wow
Reactions: BroomRider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_