DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Still learning how to edit.

Pretty darn good. You get my seal of approval.

You have done a good job of keeping things looking natural while enhancing. Most people get carried away when they are starting out
In the first image I think there was bit too much green. I adjusted to my taste (only) in Photoshop.
I brought it into Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) and adjusted the sliders as shown. Less contract, less green, more details, etc. I opened the shadows. Here is the before and after and my ACR settings.After retouching.jpgAfter retouching.jpgBefore.jpgCamera RAW settings.jpg

In the first image I think there was bit too much green. I adjusted to my taste (only) in Photoshop.
I brought it into Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) and adjusted the sliders as shown. Less contract, less green, more details, etc. I opened the shadows. Here is the before and after and my ACR settings.View attachment 113977View attachment 113977View attachment 113978View attachment 113979
Sorry @KingRat ’s is much better in my opinion. Yours looks yellow and not as appealing. Yours also looks a little blown out and flat to me too. Your shadows are completely unnatural and have a magenta tint. You’ve also fallen into the “texture/clarity slider trap” (kudos for staying out of the “dehaze trap” though.

I mean this all in the nicest least combative way. It’s not personal. I say what I mean some people like it some people hate it.

I would have brought up the shadows just slightly on the original but just a tiny bit.

Reactions: KingRat
Sorry @KingRat ’s is much better in my opinion. Yours looks yellow and not as appealing. Yours also looks a little blown out and flat to me too. Your shadows are completely unnatural and have a magenta tint. You’ve also fallen into the “texture/clarity slider trap” (kudos for staying out of the “dehaze trap” though.

I mean this all in the nicest least combative way. It’s not personal. I say what I mean some people like it some people hate it.

I would have brought up the shadows just slightly on the original but just a tiny bit.
you are probably correct- going back there is of any over correction to the yellow.

Reactions: brett8883

I'll have another go and lift the shadows a tad... I come from a background of shooting E6, where we didn't have the latitude digital people have the luxury of. It was ALWAYS preferable to have deep shadows but not lose highlights. Working fior print it was 'expose for the highlights, process for the shadows'.

I am still learning how to find my way around the editing page. It took me 2 days to work out how to get a picture from the download folder into Lightroom at all. :rolleyes: I am a comlete high tech reject, but I am muddling through. Normally I would shoot a job and just give it to the designer to sort all this out... now I am on my own I am having to wade through all this from ground zero. My computer is not that brilliant either, it is at least 10 years old but I am not buying a new one just yet (our fridge is 33 years old and still works perfectly!)

Version 2, is that better in your eyes?

I don't think our old fashioned normal bulb lighting in the house helps!web.2-0285.jpg

Version 2, is that better in your eyes?

I don't think our old fashioned normal bulb lighting in the house helps!View attachment 113983
As we say in Miami (although I am not Hispanic) MUCHO MEJOR! (Much better!). Greens are much more realistic. Can you open the shadows in your software?

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
I brought it into Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) and adjusted the sliders as shown. Less contract, less green, more details, etc. I opened the shadows. Here is the before and after and my ACR settings.View attachment 113977View attachment 113977View attachment 113978View attachment 113979

You have a keen eye Dale...and both of mine are colour blind (Red & Green) so I just enjoy them all...cheers

As we say in Miami (although I am not Hispanic) MUCHO MEJOR! (Much better!). Greens are much more realistic. Can you open the shadows in your software?

Shadows are already at 100%
If I increase the exposure and pull the highlights back, the top corner goes weird.

I still think the green is too yellow in the middle of the castle, the flat, mown fields. I fiddled putting some blue in and that didn't help. I tried to reduce the yellow and again it all went weird, so I left it as this. There is too much of a yellow/lime tint I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinNorgarb