DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stopover with a drone in Saudi Arabia

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum for Christmas and I just discovered this forum few days ago so I thought that it was a good idea to join you since I already have some questions for you guys haha

I am flying with Saudia Airlines from Geneva (Switzerland) to Manila (Philippines) in 2 weeks and I would like to bring my Mavic Pro Platinum with me. On the way to Manila, I will have a 3 hours stopover in Riyadh and Djeddah (Saudi Arabia). While it seems to be possible to fly a drone in the Philippines, it looks like they are banned in Saudi Arabia. I will of course not use it in this country since I will not exit the transit zone. I would like to fly in the Philippines only. Do you guys know if passengers waiting for their connecting flights are concerned by this law or if it is only for people entering the Kingdom? I am confused now and I don’t know if it is worth the risk to take it with me.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
To be honest, In Saudi Arabia I wouldnt take the risk at all. Even for a stop-over, if its banned, its banned. I don't see why the laws would be any different if you are in the area for 3 hours, or 3 years.

Unless you put it in your check in luggage maybe? I would call the airline for advice.

To be honest, In Saudi Arabia I wouldnt take the risk at all. Even for a stop-over, if its banned, its banned. I don't see why the laws would be any different if you are in the area for 3 hours, or 3 years.

Thanks all for your answers. I am wondering because when you stay in the Transit Zone you kind of stay in an International Zone, you are not truly entering in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so I don't really know if the laws apply also there or not

Thanks all for your answers. I am wondering because when you stay in the Transit Zone you kind of stay in an International Zone, you are not truly entering in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so I don't really know if the laws apply also there or not
I think that was what Ifti meant, You just can't be 100% sure. After all, it is Saudi Arabia. But again, the airline should be able to help with to the correct information.

I you don't exit the Airport Terminal you're safe.
If you happened to want to exit the terminal, leave the drone to your companion/s to avoid problem re-entering.

Reactions: borzoiboy
Thank you very much. It looks like all of you have different answers haha

I called the company before and the hostess could barely speak my language and didn't really know what a drone was. She said that I can take it in a hand luggage but she told me that lithium batteries were forbidden both in check in and hand luggages. I am really suprised since it would say that it's not possible to bring a laptop or a phone. I don't know if she understood my question so I just emailed them in order to have a written answer. As someone said, even if it's ok I would still be worry since it would take place in Saudi Arabia and I guess that you cannot negociate with them in case of problems

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand