DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Behaviour

darren6270

Reactions
Took the Mavic out yesterday for a short flight. Everything seemed ok, no warning messages or issues. Latest firmware and updates.
When I brought it in to land it was hovering approx 2 metres in the air. I was about to bring it down when I looked at the controller and noticed the height was minus 3.4 metres. Whilst I was looking at the controller and my fingers were not on the sticks I noticed the Mavic began to climb on its own, every slowly but it was noticeable. In 10 seconds it had gained about a metre. As I was approaching 12% battery life and I had to shoot off I landed and went back inside.
Never seen this before, it's always been pretty spot on, and have never seen any drift whatsoever. Maybe the Mavic was trying to get back to a 0 height??
Has anybody else experienced this.

Reactions: SteveM
The only thing I can think of for the negative height would be that the home point was re-established after it took off. Unless you had initiated a RTH I don't know why it would be climbing. Are your downward sensors and cameras clean?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Did you hand watch it that could cause that problem also because you're launching for me hand and if you're trying to land on the ground it's going to show minus as for the going back up I don't know on that one

Could easily be just changes in ambient pressure, for example, due to thermal activity or weather front. I observed as much as 500m in barometric altitude changes while sitting on the mountain (crazy strong thermals) - not with Mavic (luckily), with a good barometer.

Reactions: Ivo and Gwangi
Make sure your batterys are Tightly properly seated on your mavic pro
check condition of that battery you were flying with the menu on your Transmiter(Remote)
might have a bad cell in battery....and never fly with less the 30% battery

It is very strange. I didn't hand launch, or initiate a return to home. The sensors etc were also clean as I checked these when i landed. I also took off with 100% battery but never let the battery get below 10-15%. The battery was also clipped in and seated properly. The weather wasn't particularly eventful. Never checked the battery health as it wasn't an obvious battery error.
I will try a full calibrate IMU, compass etc and see if it happens again. Thanks guys

Reactions: Ivo
Took the Mavic out yesterday for a short flight. Everything seemed ok, no warning messages or issues. Latest firmware and updates.
When I brought it in to land it was hovering approx 2 metres in the air. I was about to bring it down when I looked at the controller and noticed the height was minus 3.4 metres. Whilst I was looking at the controller and my fingers were not on the sticks I noticed the Mavic began to climb on its own, every slowly but it was noticeable. In 10 seconds it had gained about a metre. As I was approaching 12% battery life and I had to shoot off I landed and went back inside.
Never seen this before, it's always been pretty spot on, and have never seen any drift whatsoever. Maybe the Mavic was trying to get back to a 0 height??
Has anybody else experienced this.
Imu cal seems to fix most of these kind of issues. That's definitely the best thing to do.

Reactions: Ivo
Happened to me several times
The GPS and barometer are not 100 % aquret

Sounds to me you may had VPS turned off. Maybe the new new app changed your settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh