DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset Tonight, They Always Seem Better After A Day Full Of Rain.....

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Was a bit pissed off at my air two tonight.... was doing this 350 feet up above me and for some reason it glitched and lost the hyper lapse about 10 mins in so this is actually 3 hyper lapses off two batteries.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Was a bit pissed off at my air two tonight.... was doing this 350 feet up above me and for some reason it glitched and lost the hyper lapse about 10 mins in so this is actually 3 hyper lapses off two batteries.

Ahaa I think ya left out your clip.?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Dramatic! Not tried Hyperlapse yet on MA2, - did you have a filter on ? I'm trying to get to grips with filters, some good vids on Youtube re filters.
Barrie uk

I find most sunset videos boring. This one wasn't.

Dramatic! Not tried Hyperlapse yet on MA2, - did you have a filter on ? I'm trying to get to grips with filters, some good vids on Youtube re filters.
Barrie uk

Nope, no filters i adjusted gamma down (-5) slightly in post but that's it. I have only played a little with filters, and as far as i can tell they are useful for things with quick motions and sunsets tend to be a lot slower so i dont think i will be playing with hem for these. But if you do let me know!

I find most sunset videos boring. This one wasn't.
Thanks, im learning short and sweet seems to be the way to keep attention with them, Also luck, as not all sunsets are entertaining lol

I spent at least a week, trying on a daily basis to do a sunset hyperlapse. There was a long discussion in this forum. Basically, I wound up doing three cycles of 125 shots per cycle at 2 second intervals. I saved the images in RAW and processed them in LR Lightroom5. The internal processing only resulted in a dark and under exposed foreground. I was up about 200 feet, and experienced a lot of wobble.

I spent at least a week, trying on a daily basis to do a sunset hyperlapse. There was a long discussion in this forum. Basically, I wound up doing three cycles of 125 shots per cycle at 2 second intervals. I saved the images in RAW and processed them in LR Lightroom5. The internal processing only resulted in a dark and under exposed foreground. I was up about 200 feet, and experienced a lot of wobble.

Which drone were you using? Be interested in that thread....I have been having luck with 500+ shot sets of it with the exception of it bombing out here.. however with that being said i really only do sitting still hyper lapses for them if its very little to no wind. If we do have wind i find doing a slow straight forward goes better with the occasional wobble in the over all shot. Most of my stuff tends to be over 2 batteries so giving me around 40 mins of picture taking to hit the whole sunset... getting them lined up is the tricky part and I am still working on making them better.. playing with transitions seems to help, and I tend to time them as well to the music which is a skill set im also trying to grow lol.

Which drone were you using? Be interested in that thread....I have been having luck with 500+ shot sets of it with the exception of it bombing out here.. however with that being said i really only do sitting still hyper lapses for them if its very little to no wind. If we do have wind i find doing a slow straight forward goes better with the occasional wobble in the over all shot. Most of my stuff tends to be over 2 batteries so giving me around 40 mins of picture taking to hit the whole sunset... getting them lined up is the tricky part and I am still working on making them better.. playing with transitions seems to help, and I tend to time them as well to the music which is a skill set im also trying to grow lol.
My wobble was terrible. I searched and asked lots of questions but never resolved it. I sent the Mavic 2 Pro on DJI Refresh to be checked in Texas and got a new unit back. Next try at hyperlapse sunset, same old wobble. I posted it here before. There was absolutely no wind- still, quiet Florida evening, without a breeze at all. I didn't want to fly because I was in my driveway and there are a lot of trees in my neighborhood and didn't want to lose VLOS. So I hovered as best as I could in place until the battery ran down. I was able to do four cycles of 125 shots @ 2 sec intervals. Bad results.

The Trembling Drone! This is a drone timelapse video of a sunset on April 6,2020. It is a sequence of 4 video clips of 125 images each (500 frames), processed from the original RAW (DNG) files in LRTimelapse 5 and Lightroom software. The movement is supposedly from winds buffeting the drone, which was only 104 feet maximum with no wind whatsoever at ground level. The video clips were also processed and stabilized with warp stabilization in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here it is.

My wobble was terrible. I searched and asked lots of questions but never resolved it. I sent the Mavic 2 Pro on DJI Refresh to be checked in Texas and got a new unit back. Next try at hyperlapse sunset, same old wobble. I posted it here before. There was absolutely no wind- still, quiet Florida evening, without a breeze at all. I didn't want to fly because I was in my driveway and there are a lot of trees in my neighborhood and didn't want to lose VLOS. So I hovered as best as I could in place until the battery ran down. I was able to do four cycles of 125 shots @ 2 sec intervals. Bad results.

The Trembling Drone! This is a drone timelapse video of a sunset on April 6,2020. It is a sequence of 4 video clips of 125 images each (500 frames), processed from the original RAW (DNG) files in LRTimelapse 5 and Lightroom software. The movement is supposedly from winds buffeting the drone, which was only 104 feet maximum with no wind whatsoever at ground level. The video clips were also processed and stabilized with warp stabilization in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here it is.

Oh WOW that is a lot of tremble... I dont have an mavic pro 2 but i haven't seen that from the air 2... I will say that i tend to shoot the air 2 in 1080pi mode vs the 8k hyperlapse mode because i like the 2 second pic vs the 6 second of 8k (i did see some wobble there the few times i have tried it) but nothing as pronounced as what your video shows......

Our of curiosity, have you tried doing a hyper lapse at ground level with another object and seeing if that wobble persists? This seems like a failure of the gimble but also software that process the hyper lapse....

Oh WOW that is a lot of tremble... I dont have an mavic pro 2 but i haven't seen that from the air 2... I will say that i tend to shoot the air 2 in 1080pi mode vs the 8k hyperlapse mode because i like the 2 second pic vs the 6 second of 8k (i did see some wobble there the few times i have tried it) but nothing as pronounced as what your video shows......

Our of curiosity, have you tried doing a hyper lapse at ground level with another object and seeing if that wobble persists? This seems like a failure of the gimble but also software that process the hyper lapse....

I do ground hyper lapses all of the time with my DSLR and get good results but that is with hand held Nikon or moving the camera on the tripod. If you mean just sitting the drone on the ground and have it shoot 125 image sequences in the hyperlapse mode? Wouldn't
that cause heating up of the motors without the air circulation of flight?

I do ground hyper lapses all of the time with my DSLR and get good results but that is with hand held Nikon or moving the camera on the tripod. If you mean just sitting the drone on the ground and have it shoot 125 image sequences in the hyperlapse mode? Wouldn't
that cause heating up of the motors without the air circulation of flight?

No i get that, i meant just launching it from the ground at like 2/3 feet and letting it do a hyperlapse there where you know there is no/little wind. I am just curious if you see any of that wiggle just sitting there in flight something just doesnt seem right about that tremble. I get you sent it back to dji already just wondering.

Also, maybe i dont baby mine to much but the bird should be able to run nit flying with the fans in it... I know the mini cant just sit there but the mavic pro should be fine i thought.. I am no expert.

No i get that, i meant just launching it from the ground at like 2/3 feet and letting it do a hyperlapse there where you know there is no/little wind. I am just curious if you see any of that wiggle just sitting there in flight something just doesnt seem right about that tremble. I get you sent it back to dji already just wondering.

Also, maybe i dont baby mine to much but the bird should be able to run nit flying with the fans in it... I know the mini cant just sit there but the mavic pro should be fine i thought.. I am no expert.
Yeas- I totally blew one of my two DJI Refresh replacements because after all of the forum discussion that it might be a gimbal problem. When I got the new refurb returned (like brand new with sticky tabs, etc.) I tried again and same result. Wobble wobble. I have not tried hyperlapse at -5 feet or by flying because I need a big open area where I can legally fly and in Miami that is not easy. I need to drive out of town (Everglades) and in case you didn't know it is mid summer Florida and 95 degrees. I am going to Montana for 5 weeks where it is 70 degrees and will try again. I will also try to fly in my back driveway at 5 feet high.

Yeas- I totally blew one of my two DJI Refresh replacements because after all of the forum discussion that it might be a gimbal problem. When I got the new refurb returned (like brand new with sticky tabs, etc.) I tried again and same result. Wobble wobble. I have not tried hyperlapse at -5 feet or by flying because I need a big open area where I can legally fly and in Miami that is not easy. I need to drive out of town (Everglades) and in case you didn't know it is mid summer Florida and 95 degrees. I am going to Montana for 5 weeks where it is 70 degrees and will try again. I will also try to fly in my back driveway at 5 feet high.

I am in Houston so trust me i understand i do walking at night now and can not fly my dronw without sweating....its so d@mn hot outside and its not even August.

Sucks wasting one for that and not getting it solved... let us know the results if you try a low level one it just seems.. very odd but then again im flying an air 2 so maybe they fixed it?

Also, born in Wyoming lots of family in Montana i wish I could get up there this year myself... Nice time to go to big sky country....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc