DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surprising yet good news that I want to share with Mavic and P4 pilots

nismoz

Reactions
Hey everyone,

Here's a brief intro why I post this thread to share with guys and gals here. I have done my own thorough search and surprisingly, no one has ever posted or asked about this topic. I am not new to drone world; I have been flying my Phantoms for a few months and I have gone through multiple DJI products including P3S, P3P, P4 and now Mavic. I am getting my P4 Pro soon.

I started my first thread in this forum a couple days ago. My original concern was my Mavic is getting very low sat counts and I have read multiple threads about weak GPS signal and low sat counts causing Mavic to go into ATTI mode and either flown away or crashed.

Not only my Mavic is showing very low sat counts, I had 3 P4s and they all show very low numbers as well ranging from 4 to 11. So, I went to Uavforecast website and I found that all of my drones which use DJI GO 4 app are showing only US Sats on the screen during flight.

Here is what I found and what I want to share in this thread. Today, I have just checked my flight records in the app and I am surprised that all of them show high to very high sat counts from 15 to 21. I believe this is a bug in the DJI GO 4 app. I use DJI GO for my P3P and they show very high sat counts in the app but anything that uses DJI GO 4 app may show a much lower number. If you are experiencing the same thing as I am, don't panic. I suggest that you check your flight records to find out how many sats your drone(s) is/are actually getting. For the whole time, I thought all of my P4s and this Mavic are somewhat defective or one of their GPS receivers is messed up but now I know they are all fine. Again, this is a bug in the DJI GO 4 app and it is not an issue from the drones.

Thanks to Mavicsailor, a great member here, for leading me to the right direction to figure this out.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like that I share. Feel free to share in this thread what you have found interesting or surprising. Happy flying :)

Reactions: garrion
So you think the DJI GO4 App is not detecting the Russian satellites?

That is what I found in my Android devices. I have seen videos and screenshots from other pilots and they show high sat counts but I am sure there are others who are experiencing this bug.

Reactions: sonof40
Is there a particular version of DJI GO 4 or all, any fix?

I have auto update On on my phone so it updates automatically. Now it is running the latest version and I am still seeing this bug. Drones will lock GPS and home point will be updated within 10 secs. Everything is functioning as it should. The app just doesn't show all connected sats.

Reactions: klaymen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomi503