DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking photos while crossing mapping area while returning to home

SIDC

Reactions
We recently started to use the 3E at my work for mapping and aerial photography. Does anyone know why it keeps taking pictures even when it's crossing the mapped area to return to home? Is there a way to turn that off?

Reactions: R.Cowan
It is Altitude Optimization.

It is a straight line of oblique images taken from an outside corner to the middle of the mapped area.
If you are receiving corrections and do not use this and only use nadir images, you will have a vertical shift of your data.
These oblique images help the photogrammetry software "solve" for vertical.

You can also use double grid oblique or the multi-oriented image acquisition schemes to "solve" this vertical shift.

To turn it off, use the Altitude Optimization toggle in the flight planning in DJI Pilot 2, but by doing so will have a vertical shift.

If you do not need or care about vertical then just turn it off.

It is Altitude Optimization.

It is a straight line of oblique images taken from an outside corner to the middle of the mapped area.
If you are receiving corrections and do not use this and only use nadir images, you will have a vertical shift of your data.
These oblique images help the photogrammetry software "solve" for vertical.

You can also use double grid oblique or the multi-oriented image acquisition schemes to "solve" this vertical shift.

To turn it off, use the Altitude Optimization toggle in the flight planning in DJI Pilot 2, but by doing so will have a vertical shift.

If you do not need or care about vertical then just turn it off.
I hate to piggy back on this discussion, but thanks for clarifying this. I had been using dronedeploy for my current mapping job (stipulated by the client initially), but started having problems with it. So we started using the DJI Pilot 2 mapping instead. I like it a LOT better than the drone deploy solution. DD doesn't do the oblique images on return, and I had wonderd why DJI was doing them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR