Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Tamiami Trail The video

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Tamiami Trail February 3,2024

Saturday, February 3,2014 Today was perfect weather (70 degrees Fahrenheit, 21 degrees Celsius) to drive out to the Tamiami Trail, the east-west connector from one side to the other side of the tip of the State of Florida. Mostly, there is the Sea of Grass, a vast expanse of grass and water, filled with bird life, alligators, and the Native Miccosukee Indian Tribal Lands, which owns much of the real estate and controls the policing, and traffic. The north side of the road has no habitation.On nice weather days, many locals , using their own private airboats, flock to the launching ramps and ride over the water and grass. Some spend the night out there! Here is a 5 minute video of typical roadside scenes of airboat launches and fishing.At 5:02 during the timelapse video, you will see an alligator swim into my frame!Hope you enjoy this one!Click on the link, go to FULL Frame.Comments welcomed.

Masterfully done Dale. Made great viewing. Did you use tracking to shoot the airboats or were you flying manually? The alligator just appearing is what we experience when out on the water in the Kimberleys except that ours are saltwater crocs. Regards. Bill

Masterfully done Dale. Made great viewing. Did you use tracking to shoot the airboats or were you flying manually? The alligator just appearing is what we experience when out on the water in the Kimberleys except that ours are saltwater crocs. Regards. Bill
Thanks Bill. I actually was forced to track manually because when I drew a box around the airboat it did not track well. I was amazed at my ability to track manually so well!
Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne