DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks for the Add from Bay Area Cali

FlyTy

Reactions
Thanks for the add! Looking forward to talking shop and being part of the pioneering group that is literally going to lift this emerging industry! A bit about me, I'm located in the East Bay of the SF Bay... A tech pro in the Valley and, recently, Part 107 Certified. I have had my MA2 since September 20, 2020 and I have logged 477KM, 36.6hrs, and 238 flights, as of 2 days ago... and that's only because of weather. I [Admin removed] love flying it... It flies more like a plane than a copter, imho... ;) Anyways while I've got ya, is anyone tracking the SDK release to make the MA2 compatible with Drone Deploy, or DJI Terra??? And what are your thoughts on using the MA2 for GeoMapping and Surveying? Thanks and looking forward to chopping it up!!! Here's a little of what I'm doing with my MA2... NAS Treasure Island Landmark

Cheers,
FlyTy

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, from San Ramon! Watch our Local and Regional section if you‘re looking for places to fly, and forum members with whom to fly.

MA2 SDK release date is unpredictable this year, given the global situation, but the MA2 section will have posts announcing the release from our well-connected forum members. The MA2 would be great for geomapping and surveying, and hopefully will be certified by folks like Dronebase soon. It can capture image quality close to the M2P and P4Pro, yet can’t be used for their client missions yet.

Nice pics by the way! I like how you’re willing to hike up to certain Yorba Buena Island spots to get some great shots. See you out there!

Welcome to the forum, from San Ramon! Watch our Local and Regional section if you‘re looking for places to fly, and forum members with whom to fly.

MA2 SDK release date is unpredictable this year, given the global situation, but the MA2 section will have posts announcing the release from our well-connected forum members. The MA2 would be great for geomapping and surveying, and hopefully will be certified by folks like Dronebase soon. It can capture image quality close to the M2P and P4Pro, yet can’t be used for their client missions yet.

Nice pics by the way! I like how you’re willing to hike up to certain Yorba Buena Island spots to get some great shots. See you out there!
Thank you!!! I'm in Disco Bay... I will definitely track the Local and Regional sections... I've been using AirMap for finding places to fly... I like using it because you can also do your LAANC requests in the app... I'm with you on the MA2 for geo/surveying, and we may be amongst the minority until proven... ;) ... Anxiously awaiting the sdk, LOL! And Many Thanks on the pics! I grew up there when it was a Navy Base... a far different place from what is is now... I bit heart-breaking, but optimistic of what the future has in store for her... :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks for the add! Looking forward to talking shop and being part of the pioneering group that is literally going to lift this emerging industry! A bit about me, I'm located in the East Bay of the SF Bay... A tech pro in the Valley and, recently, Part 107 Certified. I have had my MA2 since September 20, 2020 and I have logged 477KM, 36.6hrs, and 238 flights, as of 2 days ago... and that's only because of weather. I **** love flying it... It flies more like a plane than a copter, imho... ;) Anyways while I've got ya, is anyone tracking the SDK release to make the MA2 compatible with Drone Deploy, or DJI Terra??? And what are your thoughts on using the MA2 for GeoMapping and Surveying? Thanks and looking forward to chopping it up!!! Here's a little of what I'm doing with my MA2... NAS Treasure Island Landmark

Cheers,
FlyTy
Welcome from New Zealand. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

Enjoy your new views of the Bay Area and beyond...

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Where are you from in Maine. I also lived in Jay maine but now live in California. I spend my summers in Maine and return to Ca in the Fall. I am new to drones . I have a mavic mini using an I pad mini for a screen. I'm trying to find someone to help me get started.

WELCOME to the forum :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead