DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 This is how close the Mavic Mini 2 can record wildlife.

Amazing. This took a few weeks of getting these Pink Galahs used to the low noise of the Mavic Mini 2. It is 4K and x 2 zoomed in. You can get even closer with 1080p with x 4. In my backyard.
Nice close ups but why not just use the iPhone? My iPhone Pro Max 11 has 4K video and is totally silent. Using a drone for this is a bit over-kill.

Zoom is great to a point. 4X is stretching "quality" video a lot. Lower light conditions seems to push the "grain" to a point of being unusable.

Nice close ups but why not just use the iPhone? My iPhone Pro Max 11 has 4K video and is totally silent. Using a drone for this is a bit over-kill.
Very good point you hit the nail on the head. But it's just a demo, to show how you can fly to a distant place and get close to wildlife. My point is you can get very close in high quality with a very quiet drone.

Very good point you hit the nail on the head. But it's just a demo, to show how you can fly to a distant place and get close to wildlife. My point is you can get very close in high quality with a very quiet drone.
Yes- but it "took a few weeks" to get used to the drone and any video camera is totally silent, but will still take a few weeks for the wildlife to get used to the human holding the camera. I'm going on safari in a month and renting a 600 mm lens for my DSLR ( the lens cost over $10,000 USD). It would take a lot longer than 2 weeks for the lions to get used to me.

Yes- but it "took a few weeks" to get used to the drone and any video camera is totally silent, but will still take a few weeks for the wildlife to get used to the human holding the camera. I'm going on safari in a month and renting a 600 mm lens for my DSLR ( the lens cost over $10,000 USD). It would take a lot longer than 2 weeks for the lions to get used to me.
OMG you must share your pics, would love to see them. Put a little drone vid so you can justify posting on here. Where exactly are you going? Going to Africa and taking a drone up to follow the wildebeest and the following carnivores is on my top bucket list.

OMG you must share your pics, would love to see them. Put a little drone vid so you can justify posting on here. Where exactly are you going? Going to Africa and taking a drone up to follow the wildebeest and the following carnivores is on my top bucket list.
This is not with a drone but pretty good camera in its day, obsolete now but pretty shocking.
Now to fly over migrating African beasts is a dream. As soon as I can. Will take it with my P4P V2.0 and a Mavic Mini 2 for close ups. Unless a Mavic 3 comes out with a better camera.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hi John from Perth:
My tennis coach, Brad Jeffries was from Perth. He always calls me a "Wally." I thinks that bad- a wallaby?

We are returning to Tanzania and Kenya, particularly to see the migration crossings at the Mara River- South Side-Tanzania, north side- Masai Mara. I'm sure you have seen videos many times with the crocodiles lying in wait for the poor wildebeests.

In any case, I can already share some safari pictures!!! I have been to Africa 12 times and this will be my 13th trip, Covid be damned. Please go to my web site, click on the various Africa trips, and then you can scroll your way with the right and left arrows through the images. Many of them were taken with the same exact rented Nikkor 600mm f/4 lens on a Wembly gimbal. I'd be really thrilled to get some feed back from you guys.

Drone flying in Africa is very iffy and sketchy. I simply cannot get a permit after months of trying. I purchased a 2nd drone (Mini 2) because I don't want my Mavic 2 pro confiscated. I am sneaking a Mini 2 into my carry on and hope I will be able to get some video. I was last in Africa a year ago and the lodge owner told me NO. I was, however, able to use it later in that trip (not Zambia ) but in Madagascar.

Go the the web site, click on BROWSE at the top, and navigate to Africa-Botswana South Africa 2013.

Here is the web site- I think I'd go the Botswana-South Africa gallery first where you will see all sorts of unbelievable 600mm lens shots of animals, especially birds.

www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com

Dale
Miami

Reactions: John Gowland
It's the thrill of being able to use your drone! Everybody can take a picture with a phone....but if you have a drone.....bwahhhahahhaahahah

Reactions: John Gowland
Hi John from Perth:
My tennis coach, Brad Jeffries was from Perth. He always calls me a "Wally." I thinks that bad- a wallaby?

We are returning to Tanzania and Kenya, particularly to see the migration crossings at the Mara River- South Side-Tanzania, north side- Masai Mara. I'm sure you have seen videos many times with the crocodiles lying in wait for the poor wildebeests.

In any case, I can already share some safari pictures!!! I have been to Africa 12 times and this will be my 13th trip, Covid be damned. Please go to my web site, click on the various Africa trips, and then you can scroll your way with the right and left arrows through the images. Many of them were taken with the same exact rented Nikkor 600mm f/4 lens on a Wembly gimbal. I'd be really thrilled to get some feed back from you guys.

Drone flying in Africa is very iffy and sketchy. I simply cannot get a permit after months of trying. I purchased a 2nd drone (Mini 2) because I don't want my Mavic 2 pro confiscated. I am sneaking a Mini 2 into my carry on and hope I will be able to get some video. I was last in Africa a year ago and the lodge owner told me NO. I was, however, able to use it later in that trip (not Zambia ) but in Madagascar.

Go the the web site, click on BROWSE at the top, and navigate to Africa-Botswana South Africa 2013.

Here is the web site- I think I'd go the Botswana-South Africa gallery first where you will see all sorts of unbelievable 600mm lens shots of animals, especially birds.

www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com

Dale
Miami
Stunning pics Dale. Excellent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot