DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Throttle problem/moving at all

HelioshineAZ

Reactions
I have had some issues with MP1. I don't know if it is where I fly or what but I will hit a certain point and my throttle will become close to unresponsive.. 3-4mph max and slowly losing altitude... I have been able to get the bird back its like magic all of a sudden it gets power and throttle again and I'm cruising at 35mph back towards home! Any ideas why? I do live close to an airport in Gilbert AZ area and I do have NFZ restrictions as to height but. No other I can take off and all I'm not grounded. thanks in advance.

When you're outside the NFZ and fly toward it, it will just stop where it hits it, at that point in the air. You can press the throttle forward and it will move a bit, but side to side / up or down, and not actually forward (as if there's a piece of glass there).

The losing altitude thing I'm not sure about, but NFZs are like upside down stepped-bowls, so pressing forward could slowly force the AC down a bit if the face of the zone is not perpendicular to the ground.

You don't get grounded unless a NFZ suddenly is activated around the craft (it finds itself within the zone).

Or I could be (and often am) entirely wrong.

Reactions: HelioshineAZ
Thank you. The point I hit feels like the drone ia stuck in quick sand that is the best way to describe it? Like it takes work to get unstuck but eventually it lets go.. Ita kinda scary.. Has anyone else had this experience?

If you are a 107 pilot AirMap clearance will stop this behavior although altitude limits at any point will persist per sectionals.

Thank you. The point I hit feels like the drone ia stuck in quick sand that is the best way to describe it? Like it takes work to get unstuck but eventually it lets go.. Ita kinda scary.. Has anyone else had this experience?

You mean that the throttle feels stuck even trying to back up?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukegotit