DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time lapse of new house build

dylanthecat

Reactions
I'm going to start building a new house in a few months, and I want to document the process. Thinking about a way point mission that I can launch every few weeks or days and have the chopper go up and take a half dozen shots or so around the location. Has anyone done something similar and if so, can you offer any suggestions or tips? I don't run Litchi currently but I would if it proved a better solution.

Take a look at the app “Drone Deploy”.

I don’t have any affiliation or experience with the app. I recently downloaded it just to look at what it had to offer. It is free with optional add-on purchases.

There are a couple project examples in the app. One looks like something you are describing where they show a progression of construction.

Reactions: Mav.phant.inspire
Take a look at the app “Drone Deploy”.

I don’t have any affiliation or experience with the app. I recently downloaded it just to look at what it had to offer. It is free with optional add-on purchases.

There are a couple project examples in the app. One looks like something you are describing where they show a progression of construction.
I have used DD several times to do ortho mapping. Works well for that. I don't think I need that kind of detail for this though, since I think I only want to focus on the house. I should be able to get high enough resolution in a single photo. I do plan on using DD several times during the process though for highly detailed wall photos possibly. Don't tell my wife that I might hang something on a wall. Thanks for the comment, it will make me do some testing before hand.

Litchi Waypoints - video pass across the front and a full orbit to draw from later. You can also add a lower orbit that is stills only.
We're doing one now in Beverly Hills. Months before completion but this will perhaps give you some ideas.

Nice job on the video!
I had a question. Does Litchi keep track of your gimbal angle, flight path etc so that you can repeat it the next time?
Thanks Scott

Nice job on the video!
I had a question. Does Litchi keep track of your gimbal angle, flight path etc so that you can repeat it the next time?
Thanks Scott
Yes, it does. I've used Litchi for this exact purpose. Though I've yet to compile everything together.

Reactions: BigAl07
We do this often (both residential and commercial) and in fact I'm flying one here locally in about 2 hours. Litchi for this is the ideal solution. It's easy, you can program the bulk from home and TWEAK it on site.

Litchi Waypoints - video pass across the front and a full orbit to draw from later. You can also add a lower orbit that is stills only.
We're doing one now in Beverly Hills. Months before completion but this will perhaps give you some ideas.

You and/or your team have great video skills. Excellent product for marketing and social media but is your client expecting any "actionable data" from your work? We do this type of work for several clients and other than "Social Media Work" we can't use anything like your video. We have a strict "Shot Script" that's required to be repeated every time and it's all either still shots, ORTHO, or like I said one 360 video for the Social Media platform.

I'm not slamming on your work (Because it's a top notch video) I'm just trying to make sure I'm not missing something I SHOULD be offering.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Allen

Nice job on the video!
Thanks Scott
Here's an example of a Litchi Waypoints mission built in Mission Hub on my desktop the day before and flown with the Mavic Pro and then opened and flown with the Phantom 3 4K:

and here is an example of how well the gimbal is controlled to the POI in Litchi Waypoints (notice the entire flight has the camera on the POI and that the controller is at my side - all control per the mission):

You and/or your team have great video skills. Excellent product for marketing and social media but is your client expecting any "actionable data" from your work? We do this type of work for several clients and other than "Social Media Work" we can't use anything like your video. We have a strict "Shot Script" that's required to be repeated every time and it's all either still shots, ORTHO, or like I said one 360 video for the Social Media platform.

I'm not slamming on your work (Because it's a top notch video) I'm just trying to make sure I'm not missing something I SHOULD be offering.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Allen
The Beverly Grove project is in its early stages and the video(s) shared are only a fraction of the video and stills I have captured. Months from now, I will have a mountain of content to edit into a powerful finished product. The video shared here is just a tease - to let the client know that 'we're on it'.
I suspect that the contractor (with deep pockets) is having us do this more for ego than marketing - but we will give him several options in the end.
I will be driving back up there (from San Diego to Beverly Hills) tomorrow to put the finishing tweaks on the Waypoints Mission to fly every week or two from now on.
The finished results might be more marketing for me that the client.

@LenSavage ^^^ Ah I see :) Thanks for the followup.

Looking forward to the finished product.

Looks like Litchi is going to be one of apps to use. Really appreciate the feedback. Now if I just knew where the house is going to be on the property.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs