DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips on shooting from a jet ski

Hitechntravel

Reactions
Hey Guys I'm going to the Bahamas in two weeks and one of the shots I wanted was from a Jet ski. What are some options or tips that I can use to capture some active track shots on the jet ski?
My game plan is to have the drone follow me on land and pass the remote to my friend while I board the jet ski and return back to land after 15 minutes.

What are some tips you guys would use?

Active Track does not track the controller, it's visual. So why hand off the controller to someone trying to steer a watercraft on water? Your friend should stay relatively close to the take off point (at least within a mile) so you don't get into trouble if it needs to return. Take off from land.

If you have not used Active Track much, I'd highly recommend that you practice with it before trying to get good footage.

Why not have your friend locate the drone in the air in a good position and you can make passes on the jet ski.After a bit of practice your friend may be able to turn, follow etc.

Active Track does not track the controller, it's visual. So why hand off the controller to someone trying to steer a watercraft on water? Your friend should stay relatively close to the take off point (at least within a mile) so you don't get into trouble if it needs to return. Take off from land.

If you have not used Active Track much, I'd highly recommend that you practice with it before trying to get good footage.

I’m handing off the controller so I can operate the jetski while the drone follows me

A shotgun works good When shooting from a jet ski :) sorry couldn’t resist
Just make sure you have a Duck stamp :)

The Mavic does not float. Due to the unlikely event that your Mavic should try to become a submarine, I would possibly consider mounting floats to the quad; these are available in very lightweight forms, and there are simple DIY versions which are easy to make, but be assured that they will decrease your flight time to a greater or lesser extent depending on their weight and aerodynamics.

I would also research some way to clean the quad after a flight over salt water. These things have survived submersion in fresh water, but I don't think introducing salt water, even in the form of spray mist, is good for its longevity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23