DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

to all UK fliers CAA notification

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
from the 17th to the 28th August there will be jamming trials being conducted at Sennybridge South Wales jamming may impact GNSS signals up to 40,000 ft AMSL within 62 NM of
N52 00 53", W003 38 31"

62NM takes in everywhere from Bristol to Shrewsbury to Milford Haven. Even assuming 1/4 the range, that is some powerful jamming equipment they are testing.

What is it intended to be jamming, does anyone know? Will it take out Sat Nav's if so think of all the car drivers that are going to get lost?

it will effect anything that relies on GPS to get a location fix ,the problem with our drones is that it will cause them to go into ATTI mode, and because there is no GPS to lock on too then they will not know where the home point is situated ,i personally think it is not worth putting my drone in a situation where it could be damaged or lost, it is annoying ,that this is happening, but sennybridge is a MOD site and it is all part of preventing unwanted GPS guided air weapons ,from penetrating our airspace

Reactions: gb160
No complaints about them testing it etc, especially for such reasons. I was just poking a bit of fun at all the sat nav reliant drivers who can't read maps and are up a creek with out a ...........sat nav. Then again I suppose some of the emergency services use sat nav too, which is not poke fun worthy

there are special phone numbers listed in the CAA report ,that can be used to stop the jamming, in the event of an emergency where air sea rescue or air ambulance are required to be flying in the affected area

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I have noticed in certain places that they would be blocking gps for certain times
That would not be good for gps drones [emoji853][emoji927]

if its on FB then i am afraid i would be dubious (just my opinion )

Reactions: Beet
Unless you actualy try to fly and your drone works, your sat nav works and you doubt my info. Seams there is false news everywhere.
well i do not want to be the person that ignores the advice from the CAA about the possibility of the jamming impacting on my drones ability to get back home or know where it is ,
and to that end i was able to fly this morning before the 0900 start time trouble free

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure