DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Buy or Not To Buy Again - Mavic Pro Crashed

Peter Ho

Reactions
It has finally happened! The inevitable.

It crashed into sea water but RTH safely. But then it refuses to fly again.

I would like to seek some advice and views from those who had been in my shoes.
WOULD YOU BUY THE SAME CRAFT AGAIN!
or wait for a new model which may arrive in a few months.
after all we are experienced in flying the Mavic Pro from almost a year but a little mistake has burnt a little hole in the pocket.

Thanking all in advance and would appreciate all views given.
PETER HO

note: I just love the MP tho I have never flown any other. Have been very familiar with its settings but then a little mistake in not setting back the landing obstacle button after a previous flight in catching it has caused this when flying out to sea.

What’s you’re financial situation. I’d personally buy another because I like the one I have now and don’t want to wait X months for the new one. But then I’ll probably buy the new one also. If money’s tight I don’t “need” the new one

Reactions: Hauptmann
You said, "or wait for a new model which may arrive in a few months". Since there is not way to know if that statement is even close to accurate, I would recommend you get another MP since you have said you really liked the one you had.

If you don't need it right away, why buy it? The worst that happens in June/July is that it isn't released, but the prices will be even lower. So, you either get the new generation or you get a cheaper price on the same device.

Also, if you have the craft, I don't understand why you don't just send it to DJI to be fixed. That's cheaper than buying a new one.

I would ask the guy who had a Mavic Pro this question.... (oh wait, that's you!) You also probably have a few hundred bucks of batteries and accessories...

I'd look on ebay for my replacement if I were you.

Problem with waiting for a new model is of course, that you'll have to pay top dollar, and if you have an accident with that it's only going to hurt even more. Maybe look at a second hand one? After that it's down to whether your bank balance can take the hit I suppose.

The magic pro has always been dependable, as I'm sure yours had been to. Get a refurbished one. I think you could save more because your controller didn't crash. So you should back up for less than 500.(I'm guessing)

If you don't need it right away, why buy it? The worst that happens in June/July is that it isn't released, but the prices will be even lower. So, you either get the new generation or you get a cheaper price on the same device.

Also, if you have the craft, I don't understand why you don't just send it to DJI to be fixed. That's cheaper than buying a new one.

Thanks...
I was thinking of sending in for repair but then there was a clause I saw which was not in favour of damage caused by water... worst still if it is salt water.

Thanks guys...
I bought the fly more combo for 5.5KRM (Malaysian Ringgit) @ RM4.1 to US$1.
A new craft is sold at DJI official shop for RM3.4
Some shops sell the whole set with 1 battery @RM3.7K
There is a shop which sells the craft only at RM2.9k

That is the dollar situation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23