DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Wait or Jump Right In

Well I finally decided not to wait for the Platinum and bought the Mavic Pro. The first 2 days were pure hell. GO 4 Couldn't read the QC code, Assistant 2 (running on my windows 8 computer) would not recognize the drone when connected with a usb, couldn't Activate the drone, energized the done once with the gimble lock in place and from then on out the camera would point down at a 45 deg angle and I would get error messages the gimble motors were overloaded and to top it off, my phone battery swelled up and popped the back case off. I almost went off the deep end!

Called DJI and they were very helpful. She asked for the serial nr and then manually activated the drone, suggested I try a different computer for the assistant problem. I loaded Assistant 2 onto my wife's windows 10 unit and it worked perfectly. Using Assistant 2 I re-loaded the latest firmware onto the drone and, bingo, the gimble overload problem disappeared. And finally, every time I tried to buy DJI Refresh from the DJI site, I would click on BUY NOW and would be redirected back the product description page. I would scroll down, click on BUY NOW and would be redirected. Another call to DJI quickly fixed that problem. Now all is well and I'm very happy with the Mavic, flying it and trying to master all the settings. Lots of good info on Youtube and this forum. Running an ND16 PolorPro filter, I can film during the 1st quarter of the day and the last quarter of the day. Middle half of the day is too bright (zebra screen) when using the following settings: 4K video 24 FPS, 1/50 shutter speed, ISO 100, White Balance Sunny/Cloudy, Color None, and Style +1 +1 +0. Got an ND32 on order. Anyway - Happy Camper now!

PS, I'm at 5800' in Sunny AZ.

Reactions: go fast

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs