DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS certificate (license) v. Pilot certificate

Maviac

Reactions
I just got my permanent sUAS certificate (even though I've had my temp since December and should have gotten it a while back). I notice that the background has a different design from my private pilot certificate, which has some airplanes on the front and Orville and Wilbur on the back; the UAS one is basically just blank with some color stripes in the background. Has anyone gotten a pilot certificate recently? I'm wondering if they've changed the design for all certificates (my PPL is 15 years old) or if it's just a different design for the UAS one.

Certificates look different depending on what certification you have.

I wonder what Orville and Wilbur would think of having their pictures on an "unmanned" vehicle certificate, after all the work they did.

I wonder what Orville and Wilbur would think of having their pictures on an "unmanned" vehicle certificate, after all the work they did.
I really don't think they would have any problem with it. Fixed wing unmanned vehicles have direct lineage to the work they did. Had remote control been possible in 1901-1903 I am sure the Brothers would have use it for many of their experiments. As it wasn't they resorted to a lot of Kites and Gliders.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk