DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to set Waypoints in Unlocked Geo Zone

ajp9039

Reactions
I use a Mavic 2 Pro/DJI GO 4 app for work and my main flying area is in an authorization zone. I always go through the proper process to receive further coordination approval through Aloft, then DJI unlock through FlySafe, then import the custom unlock into my controller.

A couple months ago I was experimenting with waypoints, both the intelligent flight mode and hyperlapse versions. Everything worked great.

Ever since, with the same approval process and same flight area, I get an error message that I cannot set waypoints because a GEO zone was detected (even though it's currently unlocked). This occurs whether I'm trying to pre-plan the mission, or keyframe waypoints mid-flight.

Does anyone know what might cause this? It's strange to me that it worked once, but now I can't use waypoints at all.

I know I have set waypoints with the mavic 3 in geo zones using Fly, but maybe Go4 has some problem. I would contact DJI support.

I use a Mavic 2 Pro/DJI GO 4 app for work and my main flying area is in an authorization zone. I always go through the proper process to receive further coordination approval through Aloft, then DJI unlock through FlySafe, then import the custom unlock into my controller.

A couple months ago I was experimenting with waypoints, both the intelligent flight mode and hyperlapse versions. Everything worked great.

Ever since, with the same approval process and same flight area, I get an error message that I cannot set waypoints because a GEO zone was detected (even though it's currently unlocked). This occurs whether I'm trying to pre-plan the mission, or keyframe waypoints mid-flight.

Does anyone know what might cause this? It's strange to me that it worked once, but now I can't use waypoints at all.
Programming waypoints outside of an unlock zone works normally? I program waypoints and save them inside of unlock zones all the time and haven’t experienced this issue. So curious if programming outside of unlock gives you any issues.

Thanks for the responses.

I know I have set waypoints with the mavic 3 in geo zones using Fly, but maybe Go4 has some problem. I would contact DJI support.
DJI support's response was that "some intelligent flight functions cannot be used in GEO zone." This is contrary to other people's experience, and my first successful mission using waypoints in the same area.

Programming waypoints outside of an unlock zone works normally? I program waypoints and save them inside of unlock zones all the time and haven’t experienced this issue. So curious if programming outside of unlock gives you any issues.
No problem programing points outside of the unlock zone. In the first screenshot, you'll see a point in the blue zone. In the second, you'll see the error when I try to place one within the red zone, even though it falls within my custom unlock area.

IMG_0013.PNGIMG_0011.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas