DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unfortunate News Article

Here’s an unfortunate event and article that made the “front page” of the news online:

View attachment 136498
Hard to say if this is legit or not! The local RI news outlets have a habit of stretching the information to capture the click bait.
At one time that station was very good, but it has been bought and sold a few times, and its standing is diminshed. Maybe someone local can add some details?

I hate airheads like these that make the FAA tighten its grip on this hobby. I know some of these fines seem harsh, but when you really look at it, it's really just what they deserve. Maybe something like a stop that forces purchasers of drones to watch an instructional video before taking off would be helpful. However, those of us that actually know the rules and follow them would also be affected but I mean, it's better than the hobby rules becoming more stringent than they already are.
Most of these guys are full of S*^T. Making up stories to get their 10 minutes

Did you watch his video. The man was over reacting to something he thinks he saw. No proof at all.
I'm done. Have your way. All pilots that report drones know for sure what they saw according to you.
Keep in mind, pilots report UFOs all the time, doesn't mean they are actually there. There is a lot of hysteria, exaggeration, out of context or simply wrong information out there. Is it possible someone flew a drone up to 3000' and came close to a small aircraft, certainly. Is it likely, not really, lots of things would have to have lined up just right for that to happen. Is it a common occurrence or a material risk that airplanes are going to start hitting drones on a regular basis or that the risk of this is unreasonably high, not likely.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN