DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unmanned Heliports ?

ron77584

Reactions
Unmanned Heliports ?
Does anybody call every single heliport within 5 miles of your flight?
I have 6 heliports near me and the person that answers the phone when I call is not at the heliport and even if they were they have no way to
communicate with aircraft.

Unmanned Heliports ?
Does anybody call every single heliport within 5 miles of your flight?
I have 6 heliports near me and the person that answers the phone when I call is not at the heliport and even if they were they have no way to
communicate with aircraft.

A lot of innercity helipads are used by different companies as well- we contracted with three different services using the same pad when I was doing field survey work, and the pad was mainly just operating under VFR’s, nobody called in arrivals or departures. Just keep a good ear open for heli’s and good records of your attempted contacts too.

You live in Pearland Ron? I fly near there once in a while and have the same problem. I finally got my Part 107 and now have authorization to fly in Hobby Class B airspace with altitude restrictions so I don't have to worry about it too much.

You live in Pearland Ron? I fly near there once in a while and have the same problem. I finally got my Part 107 and now have authorization to fly in Hobby Class B airspace with altitude restrictions so I don't have to worry about it too much.
Yes I live in Pearland and I notify Pearland Regional and they arent concerned at all, in fact they want to be notified if I see anyone below 400'. I am almost 3 miles from prlnd rgnl and 6 miles from hobby.
Do you mean you fly within the 5 mile boundary of Hobby?

Yes. I have a need to fly just inside the 5 mile boundary. I filled out the paperwork with the FAA and within 24 hours I had authorization to fly anywhere within the boundary as long as I stay below specified altitudes. Good for 1 year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph