DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mini 4 for Real estate photo/video

Eleni

Reactions
Hello, just wondering if anybody uses the Mini 4 for Real Estate photography/video? If so, in what way is it used? I am a real estate photograpger living up in Ontario Canada, and thinking of using it to take some basic aerial shots of houses while I do my regular virtual tours. Thinking it could bring in some extra cash, but maybe not reliable enough in wind. Might Venture into doing a few snaps of video integrated into the tour.

Reactions: gulfstream4
Hello, just wondering if anybody uses the Mini 4 for Real Estate photography/video? If so, in what way is it used? I am a real estate photograpger living up in Ontario Canada, and thinking of using it to take some basic aerial shots of houses while I do my regular virtual tours. Thinking it could bring in some extra cash, but maybe not reliable enough in wind. Might Venture into doing a few snaps of video integrated into the tour.
I think a Mini 4 Pro would be perfectly suited to real estate photography. The image and video quality are more than adequate and the price, portability, and sound level are attractive. For simplicity, I'd opt for the smart controller package.

Regarding performance in wind, you'd have to spend a lot more to get a drone with significantly better wind performance. The Mini 4 Pro will be fine for most conditions in which you're likely to want to shoot. And much real estate photography is done at lower altitudes where wind is less an issue.

Be aware that for commercial use of the drone, you'll need to be licensed. There are Canadian members of the forum who are knowledgeable about that.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
I think a Mini 4 Pro would be perfectly suited to real estate photography. The image and video quality are more than adequate and the price, portability, and sound level are attractive. For simplicity, I'd opt for the smart controller package.

Regarding performance in wind, you'd have to spend a lot more to get a drone with significantly better wind performance. The Mini 4 Pro will be fine for most conditions in which you're likely to want to shoot. And much real estate photography is done at lower altitudes where wind is less an issue.

Be aware that for commercial use of the drone, you'll need to be licensed. There are Canadian members of the forum who are knowledgeable about that.
In Canada, there is no distinction for commercial. You can either have a Basic, or Advanced Certification. Or you do not need Certification if sub 250 grams.

This is not true in Canada. Up here we license by the weight class of the drone (and airspace/mission) rather than the purpose of the flight. You would require a sRPAS pilot certificate for a heavier drone, but not the Mini 4.

Reactions: MS Coast
I find it to be perfect for R.E. -- very stable, quick up and down for stills and video, and I've "re-arranged" my Pelican case so that it fits along with the Canon. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N