DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video button not working

Barcobird

Reactions
Hi

I have a Mavic air which has been working perfectly.

Now for some reason when I press the red video button to start recording nothing happens, if I switch over to photos the white button appears and works fine.

Anyone any ideas ??

Reactions: Former Member
Hi,
My iPhone is connected to the dji app and in the controller. I have tried both the red button on the controller and the red button on my phone.
I have also connected my phone through the app to the drone without the controller and still the red button will not start the video

Close all open applications on the device to free background space . Better yet. Reboot the device. Then remove DJIGO4 . Reboot again just for grins and then reinstall DJIGO4 and re input all of your custom settings. You can screen capture each of the current settings that you have input by pressing the Power and Home button on most devices. This will take a screen shot and place it in your Album/ Pictures. That makes it easier to recreate each of the settings you have currently.

I know its a bit of a pain in the butt.

I’ve tried all that, even turned photos off from iCloud (could that have anything to do with it).
I have an SD card in the drone, had no issues with that ( there’s only about a gig on it)

If you suspect the change to i Cloud not syncing photos could have an effect. Switch that back on and observe - right?

You could also try - Save all your media from the current SD card in the bird so its backed up. Then format the SD card using the feature within the DJIGO4 app and not in a card reader thats attached to a PC or Mac.

BDOG You are today’s star
Turned iCloud back on made no difference.
Formatted SD card in the app and voila video is recording
Thank you and all other posters for resolving my problem.

Smash that Like Button! I like being a star!

giphy.gif

Hi

I have a Mavic air which has been working perfectly.

Now for some reason when I press the red video button to start recording nothing happens, if I switch over to photos the white button appears and works fine.

Anyone any ideas ??

I'd like to chime on this topic. For all the wonderful things about the Mavic Air and the DJI GO 4 app, I can't believe that the most frustrating thing about the whole experience is the "Record" button. I am absolutely never sure if the device is recording. The button on my screen is a big red circle. If I push it, it turns white. Am I recording? Not sure! I click the playback button to see the data. Okay, okay, it took a picture.

As I continue on, I make sure I see the ultra tiny video mark within the circle. I hit the white button again and now it's a big red circle. Am I recording? It's very frustrating and not clear whether this is happening or not.

The second most frustrating thing was trying to find the panorama modes when taking pictures. They are buried a bit deep.

Now I know that these are very simple things. I also know that I'm still a big noobie to my drone. The reason I'm frustrated is I know I'm on the ( battery ) clock. I currently have 4 batteries ( considering buying one more ). I also had my iPhone battery replaced recently ( BIG HELP ). With that time pressure, it's frustrating to find things when you are sitting there idle burning battery. I want to be up in the air.

I drove over 600km to an amazing spot and did not get the shot I wanted because it was not recording. I checked both the internal and SD memory. The video was not there.

So if I see a white button does it mean it's recording? Or am I recording when I see the big red circle?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne