DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Format

Tarmactripper

Reactions
Hello , new member with a newbie question, when I tried to upload my first flight video, messaged that it was wrong format, which was mp4, so can someone please tell me what the correct format is ? any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: 4006448
Hello , new member with a newbie question, when I tried to upload my first flight video, messaged that it was wrong format, which was mp4, so can someone please tell me what the correct format is ? any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Where were you trying to upload it?

In the photos and videos sub folder, thanks for replying, new to the forum and its workings
If you want to post a video here on the board on one of the forums, you need to upload the video to YouTube, if you do not have an account, you'd have to create on YT.. Then once your video is available, as that can take some time, you can post a msg here with link to your video. Other video streaming sites may work as well.

If you want to post a video here on the board on one of the forums, you need to upload the video to YouTube, if you do not have an account, you'd have to create on YT.. Then once your video is available, as that can take some time, you can post a msg here with link to your video. Other video streaming sites may work as well.
Thanks for the reply, I have a You Tube account, now I know what to do here, much appreciated

Reactions: rjwmorrell
hello gfields, yes on pc thanks for acknowledgement
Is the file on your Drone's internal memory or SD card?
Are you able to view/watch the video when attached to the drone?

Read this article. You should find your answer here

Resolution​

To resolve this problem, configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automatically. To do so, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 11:

1. On the Tools menu, select Options.
  2. Select the Player tab, select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then select OK.
  3. Try to play the file.
If you're prompted to install the codec, select Install. If you still can't play the file correctly, try the steps in the Advanced troubleshooting section. If you aren't comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, ask someone for help, or contact Microsoft Support.

Read this article. You should find your answer here

Resolution​

To resolve this problem, configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automatically. To do so, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 11:

1. On the Tools menu, select Options.
  2. Select the Player tab, select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then select OK.
  3. Try to play the file.
If you're prompted to install the codec, select Install. If you still can't play the file correctly, try the steps in the Advanced troubleshooting section. If you aren't comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, ask someone for help, or contact Microsoft Support.
hi gfields, somewhere we crossed wires, am able to play the video in media player windows, the original question was to get the video on the forum and Macinfo supplied the required information by initial reply. has to be uploaded from You Tube, my thanks for your assistance.

hi gfields, somewhere we crossed wires, am able to play the video in media player windows, the original question was to get the video on the forum and Macinfo supplied the required information by initial reply. has to be uploaded from You Tube, my thanks for your assistance.
Well, sir, nothing about YouTube is mentioned in your original post.
To post a video here, you must upload the video to YouTube or another platform and copy and paste the link. Use the Photo/Video Showcase area for this.

Thanks for the reply, I have a You Tube account, now I know what to do here, much appreciated
On YouTube, click the top right circular icon of your profile (might look different to everyone), a menu should show up. Select Studio Youtube, and there should be some sort of "create" button, again in the top right, that should start the process for you to upload video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro