DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video storage

ScottishLass

Reactions
Hi, hoping someone can help very new to this so sorry if this is a silly question (I have checked the manual and other discussions).
Currently on a roadtrip in Australia (so limited power and internet access) and coming up with the same errors frequently either sd card full or video cache full.
Whilst I have worked out the cache is on my phone and sd is in mavic and can store separately I have a few questions:
Why does is say cache full when my phone has loads of storage (wiped before my trip)? Is there anyway to get it to use the storage on my phone?
My understanding is that the sd card has to be plugged up to computer but just to check is this the only way to move videos or clear it? This isn't a possibility from my phone?
Lastly, is there anyway to choose where the videos are stored so when my phone is 'full' it uses sd or when sd is full it uses phone?
Hopefully these make sense. Thanks for any help.

The video cache on your phone will be set to clear when it reaches its default maximum size (usually 2Gb). Once the cache is full the app starts overwriting the oldest clips with new ones. You can go into the settings in DJI Go and adjust what the cache does when full and the size of the cache.

The SD card memory is totally separate from this action. It will store your images until it is full, and you cannot record anything else until you either change the SD card for a new one, or take the full one out copy the videos and photos to a laptop etc., delete them and reinsert the card back in the Mavic. The Mavic will not overwrite the old items on the SD card. Buy more 64/128Gb micro SD cards to put in the Mavic if you don't have access to a laptop and your current card is full.

All the images stored on the phone are much lower quality than the ones on the SD Card.

Hope you are enjoying Australia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert