DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 View of Public Airport by Mavic 3 with Tele at 28x zoom. Class G Airspace.

cgmaxed

Reactions
I was just comparing how close I could zoom in to this airport with my older drones with the Mavic 3 Tele at 28x. The zoom shows a closer shot as well as more detail. The airport is in Class G airspace, so no worries. The drone was kept out of any and all flight corridors. It is amazing how stable the zoom is. It may not show details for very small objects, but planes aren't that small. If it were used for a video shoot, it could be used artistically or in a specific way to be made appropriate depending on the narrative of the film. Makes for great sniper shot video. 😁

I was just comparing how close I could zoom in to this airport with my older drones with the Mavic 3 Tele at 28x. The zoom shows a closer shot as well as more detail. The airport is in Class G airspace, so no worries. The drone was kept out of any and all flight corridors. It is amazing how stable the zoom is. It may not show details for very small objects, but planes aren't that small. If it were used for a video shoot, it could be used artistically or in a specific way to be made appropriate depending on the narrative of the film. Makes for great sniper shot video. 😁

Nice, I wish you would have zoomed out to get the true perspective of where you were.

Nice, I wish you would have zoomed out to get the true perspective of where you were.
I suppose if I get the chance, I could fly over there again and take a 28x zoom photo and a 1x photo and post them. I'd rather not do another video because I have to go through the extra steps of uploading to YouTube. I'd rather just post photos. In fact, maybe I'll do that today. It's still daylight. I'll try to get the same angle and distance I was in the video.

Here are some photos from today. 1st photo is at 1x at 400ft. The rest are at 28x. The detail is impressive. In 4th photo of the hanger , you can actually see a small plane being worked on.1x Mav 3.JPG

Attachments

• 28x Mav3.JPG
    28x Mav3.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 28x Mav3b.JPG
    28x Mav3b.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 28x Mav3d.JPG
    28x Mav3d.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 28xMav3c.JPG
    28xMav3c.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: RangerEd
In the first photo, which camera took that, the fixed lens or tele?

The closeups look nice- that thing is not a toy, it’s a civilian-grade high quality reconnaissance drone! People are going to end up in trouble misusing that
If they’re not careful with it!

In the first photo, which camera took that, the fixed lens or tele?

The closeups look nice- that thing is not a toy, it’s a civilian-grade high quality reconnaissance drone! People are going to end up in trouble misusing that
If they’re not careful with it!
Agree 100

Here are some photos from today. 1st photo is at 1x at 400ft. The rest are at 28x. The detail is impressive. In 4th photo of the hanger , you can actually see a small plane being worked on.View attachment 140456
Interesting study. Take a look at these shots taken with my Inspire 1 pro and an Olympus –48 zoom lens. Micro 4/3 sensors both.

Attachments

• E44CEDF8-286F-4D65-8D64-A0D33E7D59CC.jpeg
    E44CEDF8-286F-4D65-8D64-A0D33E7D59CC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • ADE370AC-EE85-42E0-A970-788DCFE56490.jpeg
    ADE370AC-EE85-42E0-A970-788DCFE56490.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members