DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We lose control and Mavic Pro keeps ascending

• Thread starter Deleted member 18042
  • Start date
Watch your controller signal strength. It should be a full 5 bars when the drone is within reasonable range - 100 meters or more. If it's not, then there is some sort of issue with your signal strength. Make sure your controller antennas are vertical. I've made this mistake a few times, LOL, so please don't be insulted if I make the same suggestion to you. If the controller signal strength is jumping up and down, it's more likely an interference issue, or your drone or controller has an electronic or antenna problem. Very likely the log file will point out some of what is happening, and whether the signal strength is low, or bouncing around.

There are at least two people posting problems to the same thread here. People - myself included, are responding to Delta0164 even though you are the original poster. Confusing.

Hi again,

Yes I did all that. Rest assured that I usually spend about 10 minutes before takeoff in checking and double checking that i'm good to go and that everything is the way it should be for a safe flight. But, as it was 6ft above ground, I lifted it to about 20 meters or so. That is when it decided to take matters into it's own hands and flew off towards the sea. When I saw that, I immediately took action in trying to get it back by pressing the RTH button. On my screen, the voice message states that it is actually coming back home but, it kept drifting out rather then coming home. The shop owner told me that it could have been a mulfunction from the new software update. They are checking the flight logs and will get back to me with results.

Reactions: Bill W
So we recently bought the DJI Mavic Pro, our first drone.

We flew it for a bit, and most of the time it flies beautifully, but occasionally, it keeps ascending beyond our control, and the only thing we can do is press the left joystick down for 2 seconds to put it into landing mode. We lose all other control of the drone. We removed all stickers from the drone, we tried turning off OA, and tinkered with other settings, but to no avail.

Is there a problem with our drone? What are we missing here?

Do we have to send it in, and if we do, how long will it take to get it back? We live in LA.

We tried to use two different iPhone 7, both same problem.
Hey Two Broskis, did you ever solve your issue?

I just recently joined the group. I received my mavic pro last wed (oct 4th, 2017) for my birthday from my wife. I have the same ascending issue. out of no where it will start ascending until you pull the left joy stick down to put it in landing mode. I have flown several times this sat and sun and it happened 2 or 3 time. I updated all software. Tried to calibrate the forward sensors and sensor underneath. hooked it to the computer, the forward sensors calibrated fine but the sensors on the bottom errored out. Thanks. Mike

Upload the DAT file to Dropbox for one of the flights where this happened and we can tell you why it is happening. Without that everything else is going to be guess work

Rob
Hey Rob, I'm having the same issue with the ascending without controller input. Which files are ya'll talking about uploading and How do I upload those files people want to look at so someone can analyze them? Thanks

did you remove the plastic protection tape off of the bottom sensors.
I must have because there is no plastic protection tape. I remember taking the tape off the front sensors. I looked at the flight log and there was not controller input when it was ascending. thanks

I have read of others having this issue, but don't know for sure what they did to correct it. Hopefully some of them or DJI will jump in with some help.
Did you calibrate the control sticks. Also it would help to know what devices you are using and what versions of FW and software you are using.

I have read of others having this issue, but don't know for sure what they did to correct it. Hopefully some of them or DJI will jump in with some help.
Did you calibrate the control sticks. Also it would help to know what devices you are using and what versions of FW and software you are using.
I have not calibrated the control sticks. Mavic pro with controller. As of last night all updated firmware. Using an iPhone 6s attached to the controller. thanks

I have just calibrated the controller. hope that's the issue because this mavic pro is less than a week old. thanks for your help.

Hey Rob, I'm having the same issue with the ascending without controller input. Which files are ya'll talking about uploading and How do I upload those files people want to look at so someone can analyze them? Thanks

Go to the link in my signature for detailed instructions on how to retrieve the DAT file.

Rob

Well today I got home from work and removed the leg extensions from the mavic pro and flew for about 18 minutes without any ascending issues. The camera for some reason stopped and restarted recording creating two 9.05 minute videos. Thanks to all who answered my request for help with the ascending issue.

Well today I got home from work and removed the leg extensions from the mavic pro and flew for about 18 minutes without any ascending issues. The camera for some reason stopped and restarted recording creating two 9.05 minute videos. Thanks to all who answered my request for help with the ascending issue.

If camera reset around 9:05 it was at the 4gb file limit recording at 4K. Try a different SD card with 4K compatible write speed support Like U3 . 90Mbs

If camera reset around 9:05 it was at the 4gb file limit recording at 4K. Try a different SD card with 4K compatible write speed support Like U3 . 90Mbs
thanks. got a 64 gb card coming in. i'm using the 16 gig card that came with the mavic pro. appreciate your time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentenL