DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West coast fires.

dronerdave

Reactions
Every day in California's central valley there's so much smoke from the fires lately it really makes being outside horrible. Some days I can't even see the sun and it looks like fog. I'm still flying at least a couple of times a week, mainly fixed wing though but when flying my drones, the smoke kills VLOS distances and although some pics might be interesting due to the fires, the smoke ruins most of the photographic catches I search for. I miss the blue skies.
This is at noon on a fairly clear day:
fires 1.jpg

So one of my buddies who is an airline pilot I fly RC planes with sent me a picture over Lodi CA. At 26000 feet he got out of the smoke and took a picture. -40* F outside though.
Tom.jpg

The sky and "light" in California has a real scary look to it these days -can't help but think "Armageddon" is upon us!

Thanks to all the firefighters and first responders who are risking their lives to try to put them out - and prayers and best wishes to everyone around the fires with hope that everything returns to normal soon.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I was recently in Fresno and Oakhurst and my lungs still hurt. I agree. A huge amount of gratitude goes to the fire fighters and first responders. They are pulling crazy long shifts under brutal conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird