DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whale migration

beach_Dr

Reactions
A mix of my whale videos from September to November migration. Most taken between 800-1300m off shore, with my wife assisting as a spotter.
Only 1 mavic was harmed in the making of this video..!

The whales have all moved south now, and I will have to find other willing subjects to film until August next year.

All of the above, and good music selection as well.

For all the grief we get, if it weren't for drones, it's not likely we would see this view, or see this view so well.

the surfer with the red shirt's got guts. At one point the whale was turning right for him, then the video cut out of that scene. I'm curious as to how that ended. I'm sure no problem, still I'd like to see it. Do a little dance. Say a few choice words. Ohhhh sh*********t

I'd like to show my wife this video, but I can't. She'll want the baby whale as a pet.

Reactions: Smalls
I run a whale watching business in Ca and I bought the Mavic Air to do exactly what you are doing. Unfortunately I don't have the guts to launch and retrieve from the boat, my confidence has yet to catch up with my ideas. Great video of the humpback and calf.

A mix of my whale videos from September to November migration. Most taken between 800-1300m off shore, with my wife assisting as a spotter.
Only 1 mavic was harmed in the making of this video..!

The whales have all moved south now, and I will have to find other willing subjects to film until August next year.

Wow

All of the above, and good music selection as well.

For all the grief we get, if it weren't for drones, it's not likely we would see this view, or see this view so well.

the surfer with the red shirt's got guts. At one point the whale was turning right for him, then the video cut out of that scene. I'm curious as to how that ended. I'm sure no problem, still I'd like to see it. Do a little dance. Say a few choice words. Ohhhh sh*********t

I'd like to show my wife this video, but I can't. She'll want the baby whale as a pet.

The head lifeguard on the board luckily only received some Southern right posturing. She eventually got boated and took her calf elsewhere. I eventually ran out of batteries and had to go elsewhere too! She was really close in, only about 350m offshore. Unlike the humpbacks

I run a whale watching business in Ca and I bought the Mavic Air to do exactly what you are doing. Unfortunately I don't have the guts to launch and retrieve from the boat, my confidence has yet to catch up with my ideas. Great video of the humpback and calf.

Take your time with the confidence. I got overconfident at one point... and needed to buy a new mavic... the ocean is not forgiving!
The humpback and calf was amazing to watch - not sure which calf you are referring to, but they where all amazing! The humpbacks where generally 1km offshore, which gave about 5 min filming time per battery

Reactions: CaptBill
Love the videos especially when the very young calf is resting on mum and rolls off when she surfaces.
we have to keep min 100m away in australia

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH