DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 What happened at Howth Castle?

aeciolemos

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Check this one out! I did a video on the history (and hauntings) of Howth Castle, Dublin, Ireland.

Let me know what you think! Honestly, tell me what you like and what you don't like so I can improve in my videos and storytelling!

Cheers!

Awesome video! Very informative. Thanks for sharing.

Huge fan of adding voice to the videos . Thumbswayup

But right from the beginning you start off with lets meet the last owner and than changed structure an went to lets start from the beginning. lol That is some witchery right there.

There was a lot of information to take in thru almost 500 years and im thinking it was just to much to fast with little context. Nothing really stood out where just 1 single story could have been delivered .

I would consider breaking the Stories down into more manageable videos , each video sharing more of the History of the Castle , giving you ample time to add some context to the story.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Storm the Castle.

I like the concept. I would however stay away from Auto white balance and Auto exposure. You can see a dramatic shift of both in the first couple minutes. A few shots were a bit dark (the shot of the harbor comes to mind where auto exposure is taking in too much of the sun on the water) so use manual exposure to get a good exposure on your subject, then fly your shot. There was one transition that was a bit jarring where it looked as though you stopped shooting for a second then resumed but the drone had moved a little bit.
It was interesting enough to keep my interest for the entire time, but as @Phantomrain.org says, it moves pretty fast for most people. IF there is a tempo for the narration, perhaps slow it down a bit and pick and choose to fit what you can in the video.
I liked it though, I know it represents a lot of work on your part in digging up the history, the images and researching it all. I look forward to the next one!

That was fascinating and an extraordinary bit of editing. Brilliant!

Reactions: aeciolemos
Huge fan of adding voice to the videos . Thumbswayup

But right from the beginning you start off with lets meet the last owner and than changed structure an went to lets start from the beginning. lol That is some witchery right there.

There was a lot of information to take in thru almost 500 years and im thinking it was just to much to fast with little context. Nothing really stood out where just 1 single story could have been delivered .

I would consider breaking the Stories down into more manageable videos , each video sharing more of the History of the Castle , giving you ample time to add some context to the story.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Storm the Castle.
I see your point. I will follow that for my next castle video, working on my storytelling and breaking it down a bit. Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I like the concept. I would however stay away from Auto white balance and Auto exposure. You can see a dramatic shift of both in the first couple minutes. A few shots were a bit dark (the shot of the harbor comes to mind where auto exposure is taking in too much of the sun on the water) so use manual exposure to get a good exposure on your subject, then fly your shot. There was one transition that was a bit jarring where it looked as though you stopped shooting for a second then resumed but the drone had moved a little bit.
It was interesting enough to keep my interest for the entire time, but as @Phantomrain.org says, it moves pretty fast for most people. IF there is a tempo for the narration, perhaps slow it down a bit and pick and choose to fit what you can in the video.
I liked it though, I know it represents a lot of work on your part in digging up the history, the images and researching it all. I look forward to the next one!
Ah, great advice! I am working on using PRO mode instead of AUTO mode on the drone. I will work on that for the next locations! Thanks!
I will check that transition as well to see. Editing mistake for sure! I had not noticed that.
I will slow down the narration a bit and put less in each video. I think I really need to work on the storytelling here.

It is a lot of research and script writing so I will work on not trying to say too much in each video :) I am working on another one as we speak and I do appreciate the feedback! I want to improve.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
As someone with a less critical eye, I thought it was great. It could be broken down into smaller bits, but as an overall history of the place I think it was great. well done.

As someone with a less critical eye, I thought it was great. It could be broken down into smaller bits, but as an overall history of the place I think it was great. well done.
Thank you very much.l I do appreciate all feedback. I am working on the script for the next castle and I will break it down since this next one has even more history and many stories to tell of pirates and ghosts :)

Reactions: monchan
I like the video - I like history so I found it very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.
Having visited Ireland in 2004, I found lots of history there which I thoroughly enjoyed. One of the interesting things for me was a cemetery @ Glendalough. I saw headstones with death dates before the U.S. became a country. Showed me how relatively young we are as a nation.

I like the video - I like history so I found it very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.
Having visited Ireland in 2004, I found lots of history there which I thoroughly enjoyed. One of the interesting things for me was a cemetery @ Glendalough. I saw headstones with death dates before the U.S. became a country. Showed me how relatively young we are as a nation.
We are like-minded! I am glad you enjoyed it. I did do a spooky one on Glendalough a while ago. Take a look at this video below and if you would do me the honor, subscribe to the channel, for I have some more interesting ones in the oven!

Cheers

👻The Haunting of Glendalough - Discover Ireland ☘

Reactions: Prop Wash
We are like-minded! I am glad you enjoyed it. I did do a spooky one on Glendalough a while ago. Take a look at this video below and if you would do me the honor, subscribe to the channel, for I have some more interesting ones in the oven!

Cheers

👻The Haunting of Glendalough - Discover Ireland ☘
I loved that video! Brought back so many memories - kind of a "I was there" video! As many 'live' people were there that day, I can't say I saw any Lady in Red. Thanks for sharing!

I loved that video! Brought back so many memories - kind of a "I was there" video! As many 'live' people were there that day, I can't say I saw any Lady in Red. Thanks for sharing!
That was touching. One of the best feelings for me is to visit the places I see in pictures and films. I have others on the channel if you like to see more. I am currently working on the next location. If you like, please subscribe to my channel and you will always be notified when I publish a new video.

Thank you for your message. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman