DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best FREE site for uploading virtual 360 panos?

Any other sites than the ones mentioned already in the thread?

I tried FB but I really didn't like the control of scrolling around the pano in their viewer.

Plus don't really want to upload any more data to FB than I have to. I'll probably start getting drone ads now.

Any other sites than the ones mentioned already in the thread?

I tried FB but I really didn't like the control of scrolling around the pano in their viewer.

Plus don't really want to upload any more data to FB than I have to. I'll probably start getting drone ads now.

Oh well...

Kuula.co is free as long as you don't want to post more than 100 a month or something. Here's a photo i downloaded right out of the DJI Go app, and uploaded for a test:

Kuula.co is free as long as you don't want to post more than 100 a month or something. Here's a photo i downloaded right out of the DJI Go app, and uploaded for a test:

I think Kuula.com does a great job as well. Not only that, but they host some pretty incredible 360 photos.

Here is one of my “not so” incredible photos, but at least they give me something to strive for:

Reactions: Aether
Has anyone tried uploading to Youtube?

You have to convert it to a 360 movie first.

My main concern with these lesser-known sites is that they may fold at some point and if you upload a lot of content, they may be lost.

Then again, Google could bail on some features like 360 videos.

Has anyone tried uploading to Youtube?

You have to convert it to a 360 movie first.

My main concern with these lesser-known sites is that they may fold at some point and if you upload a lot of content, they may be lost.

Then again, Google could bail on some features like 360 videos.

For anyone who has Youtube channel, I found a video which shows how to convert a equirectangular image, which is what the Mavic 2 Pro saves, and converting it into a 360 movie that you can upload to Youtube.

Could be that video compression on top of JPG compression reduces the quality of the picture but I figure if you're uploading videos to Youtube already, it might be a good place to store and share 360 pano content.

The process doesn't take a lot of work but does require access to Photoshop.

OK, I also tried the same thing with DaVinci Resolve so you don't need Photoshop.

Also, I tried doing it with a RAW pano that I stitched in Lightroom rather than using the JPG stitched by the drone. I ended up with a DNG file over 800 MB. I tried to do run that in Photoshop and that's what took hours and hours to render.

DaVinci Resolve seems MUCH faster than Photoshop at rendering photo files, maybe expected since it's a video editor.

But the quality of these pano movies don't seem that great. Details are fuzzy compared to photos or videos taken of the same landscapes.

Hmm, so I tried 2VR and and the results are better than the Youtube 360 video.

It holds up very well compared to the Youtube 360, including in full screen.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it will last indefinitely whereas you know Youtube will.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure