DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does wifi interfere with video?

rfc

Reactions
Testing a few things this morning with the A/C running 01.04.0100, Crystalsky UD running 4.1.14. So far, it's been a flawless combo, but more than once now, upon connection, the video is horribly lagging and pixelated, with the A/C 10' away.
The controller (and the A/C for that matter), were in close proximity to a number of both 2.5 and 5.0 ghz wifi routers. I turn wifi on the Crystalsky off (it seems to come up defaulted to o"on"), and the interference goes away.
Why does wifi interfere with the video backhaul? I thought that was lightbridge. Is it just that both are using a portion of the 2.5 ghz band, and wifi interferes with it? Not a biggy, as it's easy enough to turn wifi off on the CS, but just curious why this is happening.

The Mavic uses Occusync, the next generation of Lightbridge, and Occusync also works on the 2.4 ghz spectrum, it just sweeps for uncrowded channels while linking...

The other time it happened, I wasn't near any wifi routers, but up on a hill at a party with lot's of iphones; Think it's possible that if wifi is on, on the device being used to fly the A/C (connected to the controller of course), that it could pick up enough wifi interference from those (that might have wifi "hotspots" enabled?)

OK, so how does one explain this: Take off with the CS wifi turned off. A/C is hovering 50 feet away. horrible downlink; laggy, pixelated; totally unusable for flying. Can wifi affect the receiving end of the occusync path in the controller, even if the wifi is off in the CS?

Have you tried another cable from controller to the device? Also, you imght want to try to uninstall the Go app, and try an earlier version. The Go app is very resource hungry, make sure all apps running in the back ground are killed.

Have you tried another cable from controller to the device? Also, you imght want to try to uninstall the Go app, and try an earlier version. The Go app is very resource hungry, make sure all apps running in the back ground are killed.
I'm using the DJI Crystal Sky cable AND the Go4 app. I don't think trying to mess with the app on the CS is the answer and I really don't have the time to be throwing darts blindfolded. There's nothing else running on the CS to my knowledge.

Try disabling the wifi and Bluetooth on the phone. I use airplane mode and that solved a lot of problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111